News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Stephen Davis

Washington Golf? Recommendations
« on: June 04, 2012, 07:49:08 PM »
My wife is heading out of town with the kids on Saturday and will be visiting family for more than a week, so I am making an impromptu golf trip up to Washington to play Chambers Bay on Friday, June 15th after work. I also want to play Wine Valley because it looks great (I know they are no where near each other, but this will mostly be my last chance to play there before we make a big move). I thought about playing there either Saturday or Sunday. If you have any great courses that I need to play between Seattle and Wine Valley, I would enjoy a couple of different courses on Saturday and play Wine Valley on Sunday. Any feedback you might have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

~Stephen

Kalen Braley

Re: Washington Golf? Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 08:53:15 PM »
I've heard Rope Rider is decent at Suncadia, but I haven't played it yet.  Tumble Creek is worth a look if you can get access.

Steve_Lovett

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »
I played Rope Rider a couple of weeks ago. I'd consider it a nice resort course, more user friendly than Prospector. Neither is in the class of Tumble Creek.

If access can be arranged I would consider Aldarra or Sahalee. Sahalee is the "anti-Chambers" in almost every aspect.

Joe Stansell

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 11:38:15 PM »
You're hitting the two best courses in Washington State:  Chambers Bay and Wine Valley. The drive from one to the other, though, is about 4 hours, and there's not a lot of "must-see" golf in between (unless you're able to access either Aldarra or Tumble Creek). One idea, though, is to skip golf the "in between" day and take the scenic route through Rainier National Park. But if you're wedded to golf, and if can't access the privates, you might also consider playing Gold Mountain (Olympic), which is about 30 minutes North of Chambers Bay. That means you'd have to back track and drive a long way to Walla Walla, but Gold Mountain is easily as good, if not better, than any of the public access courses that others have suggested so far.

Mike Wagner

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 11:45:08 PM »
Gold Mountain is great.  If you end up on that side of the state, head to the Olympic Peninsula and play a course even most Seattle folks don't know about - SkyRidge.  Other than Chambers, it's my favorite course in the state.

Sean Leary

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 11:50:03 PM »
Gold Mountain is great.  If you end up on that side of the state, head to the Olympic Peninsula and play a course even most Seattle folks don't know about - SkyRidge.  Other than Chambers, it's my favorite course in the state.

Mike,

I was trying to remember the name of SkyRidge the other day. The only time I have ever heard of it is from you so I figure you must hold the course record... ;)

Matthew Essig

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 11:59:32 PM »
Just restating stuff now. If you are a golf fanatic and hate long drives, play Tumble Creek if you can get access or Rope Rider if you can't. Prospector is holding the member/member on Saturday so you won't be able to play that course.
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Stephen Davis

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 12:36:45 AM »
Thanks for all of the great suggestions! I played Gold Mountain about this time last year and I agree that it is a very nice course! Alderra and Tumble Creek do both look fantastic (I am very grateful for the suggestions, because I had never heard of Tumble Creek)! Now to figure out how to play them, that is the hard part. Thanks again! I will post updates.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back