News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

Re: GCA.com Philadelphia "family" dinner/drinks -- Aug. 13 or 14?
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »
 I'm waiting to see if someone who pisses me off ends up on the list of attendees ;D
AKA Mayday

DMoriarty

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2012, 12:05:44 PM »
I'm waiting to see if someone who pisses me off ends up on the list of attendees ;D

Sorry to disappoint, but I doubt I can make it.
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

mike_malone

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2012, 02:32:49 PM »
 David,

I don't know you; how could you piss me off?
AKA Mayday

DMoriarty

« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2012, 03:09:40 PM »
Good question.   I seem to have a knack for pissing off people around Philadelphia whether they know me or not, so perhaps you should ask them how they can be so pissed off at someone they don't even know.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy your gathering.  From what I can tell from a distance Scott Warren seems like a decent guy to me, but don't hold that against him.
Golf history can be quite interesting if you just let your favorite legends go and allow the truth to take you where it will.
--Tom MacWood (1958-2012)

Mark McKeever

« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2012, 03:52:48 PM »
Hopefully I can get my shoe bag back during the gathering!  I hear its being held for ransome.  The last photo I have of the bag is it sitting on a pump house with a current Hartford Newspaper.... ;)

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Tim Martin

« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2012, 09:24:10 PM »
Hopefully I can get my shoe bag back during the gathering!  I hear its being held for ransome.  The last photo I have of the bag is it sitting on a pump house with a current Hartford Newspaper.... ;)

Mark

I traded the shoe bag for a box of Tastykakes and a large coffee at a WaWa in Jersey. It was a tough sell as they only wanted to give me a small coffee. You better take some of that wedding cash and invest in a new one. ;D

Mark McKeever

« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2012, 10:01:01 PM »
We definitely need a "like" button.... ;D

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Scott Warren

« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2012, 05:40:16 PM »
Bumping this now that it's only a bit more than a fortnight away and I'll have flying out to the US on Monday week.

Where do we fancy meeting up? Turnanog as Michael suggested? Where do folks fancy eating?

Jason Mandel

« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2012, 10:26:46 PM »
Scott,

While nothing against Tir a Nog I think we can do better. 

If you are looking for a cool bar with good food I would suggest Pub & Kitchen on 20th and Locust.

If you want some really good "South Philly" Italian we could do Ralph's down on 9th and Catherine.

If you want something a little more unique and while a little trendy, still has awesome food we could do the Continental on 18th and Chestnut.

Take a look at all 3 places and let me know what looks best to you.

You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

Scott Warren

« Reply #84 on: July 26, 2012, 10:57:07 PM »
Jason,

I am happy to take the recommendation of a local or group of locals. If you and/or anyone else with knowledge want to make a recommendation, I say let's go with that.

Anywhere with good Philly food (whatever that is...), cold beers and an atmosphere that allows us all to chat comfortably would be great.

Really looking forward to it.

Jason Mandel

« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2012, 06:49:48 AM »
Scott,

Given that criteria I'm going to suggest we  do Chickie and Pete's in South Philadelphia. Chickie's is a big sports bar with good food and lots of beer.

It's out of Center City by a few minutes, but one of us could definitely drive you down there.

Chickie's can also accomodate as many as we might have that night.

You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

Mark Pearce

« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2012, 07:19:16 AM »
Looks like a few interesting pale ales and IPAs on the menu that I've not had before. No one does IPAs like the Yanks!
An Australian holding forth on beer?  Not just any Australian, either, but Scott Warren?  Did he grow taste buds some time in the past couple of years?
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

John Shimony

« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2012, 10:30:53 AM »
McGillin's Olde Ale House at 1310 Drury St. downtown has plenty of tables and good beer.  A good old fashioned pub.  And it's the oldest bar in Philadelphia.

http://www.mcgillins.com/
John Shimony
Philadelphia, PA

Scott Warren

« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2012, 07:32:45 AM »
What are you on about, Mark? Is this about me not liking that peaty shit you fed me in Anstruther that night? ;D

It was your good self who advised me, before my first visit to the US, to always order the local IPA. I've followed that advice since and rarely been disappointed.

And Aussie beers are moving up in the world. Little Creatures, Monteith's, James Squire... Come pay us a visit some time and I'll be glad to walk you through them!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:48:05 AM by Scott Warren »

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2012, 09:34:46 AM »
Lion will buy Little World Beverages - Australia's biggest listed brewer - in a deal that values it at about $380 million.

Lion ias a big multinational and has swallowed Little Creatures!   Let's hope that not much changes as it is a delicious drop.

cheers Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Rory Connaughton

« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
Gentlemen

I apologize for my extended absence.  I have just participated in the launch of a new venture and my attention was temporarily distracted from GCA.

Please let me know if you intend to come to Lancaster on the 14th.  Play will begin around 1-1:30 depending on numbers.
After we play there will be food and drink and general bon vivanting on the patio overlooking 18.

Cost, golf food and bev is $125.

I hope that interest remains. Caddies are available but please confirm in advance whether you would like to ride.

I look forward to hearing from you.  --Rory

Rory Connaughton

« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »
So far I have the following
Mike Trenham
Powell
Mayday
John Shimony
JNC
Jim Sherma
Scott Warren

Tim Martin (potentially)
Joe Bausch?
Ed B?
McKeever?
Jason?
others.

Please let me know as soon as you can.

Best.  --Rory

JNagle

« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2012, 08:22:35 PM »
Rory -

Guess I am going to miss you guys by a couple of days.  Will be in Buffalo when you gather but at LCC on that Friday.  Sounds like you all are going to have a great time.

Jim
It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or the doer of deeds could have done better.  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; .....  "The Critic"

Tim Martin

« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »
Rory-Count me in. I can`t wait to see Lancaster and thanks for organizing. :)

Jim Sherma

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2012, 09:54:29 PM »
I'll walk unless the others in my group are all riding, no need for a caddy. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing the course.

Rory - thanks for setting this up and making it happen!

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2012, 09:17:10 AM »
Rory, 

LCC offers the options of walking with caddie or riding in cart, correct? 

Thank you. 
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Jim Sherma

« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »
Rory, 

LCC offers the options of walking with caddie or riding in cart, correct? 

Thank you. 

In that case my preference is to walk with a caddy.

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2012, 02:02:53 PM »
Rory,

I'm in. Left you a voicemail. Would like a caddy-got my man lined up from the last round I played there.

Cheers,
 Kris 8)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 02:21:41 PM by Kris Shreiner »
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2012, 02:29:57 PM »
John S.,

I love your McGillin's call on the Monday evening for Scotto! I've got several outlier pubs that would do nicely, but as the man is looking for the PHILLY flavor...let's keep it in the city. For those playing White Manor on Sunday, I have THEE spot for a kick ass Philly cheesesteak post round that is just a 15 minute ride... And Roache and Obrione is just moments away for the nitecap!

Gang,
Let's lock down that Monday night venue for Scott! I second McGillin's if the parking isn't too brutal.

Cheers,
Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #99 on: August 10, 2012, 03:02:57 PM »
I really like my job, but alas, I need to be in Charlotte...  Shoot!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back