News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Jim Colton

Re: "7 Private Clubs That You Can Play Now"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 09:41:46 PM »
Prairie Club was once completely private? I went there the month it opened, and as far as I can tell, the semiprivate, alternating course thing hasn't changed.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 09:46:31 PM »
I know a great caddie at Dormie.

Jason Thurman

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 10:46:56 AM »
Prairie Club was once completely private? I went there the month it opened, and as far as I can tell, the semiprivate, alternating course thing hasn't changed.

I think Joe's a little confused, as he also suggests the 151 slope at Pronghorn could "intimidate a Tour pro." I'm guessing Rickie Fowler doesn't spend a lot of time worrying about high slope ratings...

I'm not aware of Prairie Club having been completely private, though I can ask when I'm there this weekend(!).
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 11:01:30 AM »

I think Joe's a little confused, as he also suggests the 151 slope at Pronghorn could "intimidate a Tour pro." I'm guessing Rickie Fowler doesn't spend a lot of time worrying about high slope ratings...

I'm not aware of Prairie Club having been completely private, though I can ask when I'm there this weekend(!).

Please report back about the courses, I'm playing there next month.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »

When they opened, they opened with public access. Their strategy was to have public access until they could fill membership and then go private. This has been a strategy with a few places that has been extended indefinitely due to the recession.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Joel Zuckerman

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 08:58:46 PM »
Victory Ranch is definitely one of the highlights of the many golf courses that have been built in and around Park City, Utah in the last decade.

I would highly recommend it should you find yourself in that beautiful part of the world this summer.

Jonathan Stewart

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 09:34:49 AM »
I've enjoyed dormie twice. Was happy to get the chance to play the awesome CC design.

Also the picture in the article says it is the 13th hole at Dormie and I'm positive it's the short par 4 (although the holes don't have pars) 3rd.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 09:37:58 AM »
I would be more interested in 7 private clubs that you can't play now.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back