News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Lawrence Largent

Kansas City Country Club
« on: April 29, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »
I know the club is very private, but how good is the course.  I saw tonight where they are having US Mid Am qualifying and wondered if it was worth the trip.  Does anyone have any photos of the course or any insight.

Lawrence

Ken Moum

Re: Kansas City Country Club
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 10:44:18 PM »
I rode around following the last group of the 2011 TransMiss last summer  with a friend who writes for the Kansas Golf Assn., and didn't think the course was anything special from a architecture standpoint.

But it's a really cool place nonetheless.  Ewing Kaufman's old house is nearby and the place reeks of Midwestern old money, which I figure is different from Northeastern old money.

One of the points of fascination for me was that our super told me they'd IDed all the trees on the property and had an arborist program that addressed a quarter of them every year.  Sure enough, a lot of the trees had metal tags on them--and for a heavily treed old course, they've done a decent job of keeping the trees trimmed up so you can play golf.

The fact that Amateur Champ to-be Kelly Kraft won it was a plus.

And the lunch was great....  ;)
Over time, the guy in the ideal position derives an advantage, and delivering him further  advantage is not worth making the rest of the players suffer at the expense of fun, variety, and ultimately cost -- Jeff Warne, 12-08-2010

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back