News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Ronald Montesano

Re: Golf Course Development, Step 1
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2012, 09:24:17 AM »
RJ_Daley...tell me where you "loose" your money; I'll follow behind, collect it in a sack and split the take with you.

Michael...check your pm.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Mac Plumart

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2012, 12:46:41 PM »
Mac, are you considering building a golf course, or is this hypothetical?

Scott, my answer to your question, which I posted earlier, was "hypothetical".  I will elaborate further...for 100% transparency.

I have a desire to build my own golf course...one day.  Not anytime soon, as I am running and growing a successful business, raising a family, and having a great time doing both.  I have no complaints, of any merit, in life.

I do have dreams of retiring to a plot of 500+ acres of land, having my home, and my own personal golf course on that land.  The idea might be similiar to Mike Nuzzo's Wolf Point course.  I've got the raw concept mapped out, but I thought I'd start looking for the land right now.  Buy it if I find the right piece, then slowly build the houses, buildings, and course over time. 

That is what I am doing.

However, I feel no time pressing urge to get this done lickity-split.  I've studied the history of many great courses and it seems a lot of the truly great ones were started by die-hard golfers who became frustrated with their current playing situation.  Fred Jones, The Golf Club, Bobby Jones, Peachtree, were frustrated by slow play and non-core golfers on their home course.  So, they build their dream escape.  I have my dream escapes at Rivermont and Dismal River.  The courses are endlessly fascinating.  The play as quick as you want it to be.  And the experience wonderful.

If this changes, my time table might be sped up.  But right now, I'm taking my time as I piece this thing together.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »
Very cool. Good luck, Mac!

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2012, 04:01:17 PM »
Fred Jones... Bobby Jones... Mac Plumart

Hmm... who's the odd man out here?

Pre·ten·tious
Pronunciation: \pri-ˈten(t)-shəs\
Function: adjective
Definition: expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 04:11:10 PM by Michael Whitaker »
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Mac Plumart

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2012, 04:38:44 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Mike.

I hope you are recovering well.  The story you told me on the phone regarding how it all happened was very scary.  I've been praying for you and your famly ever since.

I can't wait to see you out on the golf course again.  

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 05:03:07 PM »
Mike: I googled Fred Jones as I had no idea who he was - do you mean Scooby Doo?!

Never heard of the guy... you'll have to ask Mac.
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 05:24:34 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, Mike.

I hope you are recovering well.  The story you told me on the phone regarding how it all happened was very scary.  I've been praying for you and your famly ever since.

I can't wait to see you out on the golf course again.  

Feeling great, Mac. Thanks for the prayers... if your connection with the Almighty is anything like your golf connections I know I'm in good hands.  ;)

Howard Riefs

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 08:02:29 PM »
Mike: I googled Fred Jones as I had no idea who he was - do you mean Scooby Doo?!

Never heard of the guy... you'll have to ask Mac.

Founder of The Golf Club outside Columbus, Ohio.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/courses-by-country/usa/the-golf-club-oh-usa/
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back