News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Whitaker

When my son saw this video he said, "Now that would be a COOL way to play golf." Not sure if Melvin would approve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCT3j8OqlhI

"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Melvyn Morrow

Re: Would Melvin Approve Of These "Improvements" To Augusta National?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 01:33:35 PM »
Michael

Looks interesting, but is there a serious underlining comment being made in that this is how some see the game going over the pond?

I of course could not comment as I do not know the course and so it’s a bit difficult trying to guess where the divide actually occurs. ;D

My only concern being that these features appear here in our amusement parks so cannot be defined as new.  :-[    Is some well know architect claiming this work and if so what was his Fee, because I am certain that many a designer on here may want template some of the Holes,  :o    if so I might be able to arrange a better deal re royalties. ;)

I am of course joking but there may be more of a dig than some believe. Then it’s great to smile at the odd thing, adds spice to life and is a good distraction to watching the distance aid robots going about their regular mating dance each time they approach their ball.

Warm regards to your son. 8)

Melvyn

Michael Whitaker

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 06:32:45 PM »
You did notice the "improvements" were created by the BBC? I don't think an American broadcaster would take such a chance at offending Augusta National. Gary McCord got fired for saying the greens had been "bikini waxed."

What are the odds that the BBC will be carrying the broadcasts after this year? Might be worth a bet at Ladbrokes!
"Solving the paradox of proportionality is the heart of golf architecture."  - Tom Doak (11/20/05)

Melvyn Morrow

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 08:09:13 PM »

Yes I noticed it was the BBC hence my comment. Sometimes having a good sense of humour is very much required. Having said that just look at all those perfect fairways and the well-manicured Greens and talking about Green what a rich colour it is no hose pipe ban over there

What a waste of such a great course should be spoilt by golfers, soon expect to hear that they damage the course too severely so will be banned

What do they say about too much of a good thing…..

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back