News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Essig

Do you like the original layout of 16 or the new layout? New
« on: April 03, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »
Here is the original 16th green. The original tee was almost connected to the right side of the 15th green.

If the hole played like it looks like (a back-left shelf, a front-left bowl, and a back-right bowl), I think the hole would play more challenging but fair and dramatic. IMO, the hole would play better then than now. With the back-right bowl, it would add some major drama. IMO, the Sunday pin in the back-right would be more entertaining then than now because it would challenge the players, but if you hit a good shot, it would stay in/go into the bowl and you would make a birdie, while now there is a ton of area that you can hit your ball and end up close to have a tap-in birdie. While the birdies and eagles being made everywhere you look on the back-nine on Sunday is amazing, it would join the other holes on the back nine where a eagle--double or worse could be made on Sunday, too. As it is now, you never see a player make worse than a par in the last 10 groups on Sunday, it feels like.

I understand what I described the old hole like isn't exactly what it looks like in the photo, but over time, I think that is what the hole would have turned into (a bowl front-left, a shelf back-left, and a bowl in the back-right; as well as the water tighter to the green or having a steeper slope into it and the bunkers coming much closer to the green)

You could also make 17 longer with the moved green.

Bring back the original layout!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which layout do you like more and am I the only one who would love to see the original layout (except slightly altered) come back???
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:25:45 PM by Matthew Essig »
"Good GCA should offer an interesting golfing challenge to the golfer not a difficult golfing challenge." Jon Wiggett

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back