News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

Tiger Bernhardt
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:46:01 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that long time GCA member, Tiger Bernhardt, has been bravely battling cancer.   We all have benefited from this site and have been privileged to meet many members.  It may be only a virtual community but I have been blessed by being a member and contributor and from reading Tiger’s posts.

For those who are people of faith I ask that you offer a prayer for strength and hope as Tiger continues his struggle with this disease, pray for members of his family who are walking this path with him, and pray that those who care for him medically are filled with wisdom and compassion. 

Jews and Christians are approaching Passover and Holy Week, some of most sacred days of the year.   

I suggest that Saturday and Sunday morning at 8:00 AM we, as a community, pause for a moment of prayer.  People feel the prayers of others and I know that Tiger will appreciate yours.

May God fill Tiger's heart with the knowledge that he has made all our lives a little richer.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

J_ Crisham

Re: Tiger Bernhardt
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »
Amen

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 09:22:23 PM »
You're in my prayers Tiger... I hope you beat it and are back on your feet soon.
H.P.S.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »
Tommy,

That's very thoughtful and kind of you.

Tiger and his daughter, Katie, are in our prayers.

Grant Saunders

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 10:46:14 PM »
Best wishes Tiger

Kia Kaha

Gene Greco

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »
Tiger:

You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.

Gene
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Mike_Young

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 10:54:52 PM »
Tiger..in my prayers both you and Katie.
Guys, he has a caringbridge site where you can keep up with his post:
 http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/johnbernhardt
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Sam Morrow

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 11:01:38 PM »
Tiger is in my prayers everyday, when we were playing at Hermann Park yesterday whenever I looked over at MD Anderson Cancer Center I thought about him.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 11:05:17 PM »
Tiger is the toughest guy I know, three go rounds with this stuff in eight years.  He has licked it twice before and is strong and courageous enough to do it again.   A lot of prayer will help.

His daughter and faithful helper Katie is also a wonderful person.   

Michael George

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 11:19:43 PM »
Prayer to St. Peregrine, Patron Saint of Cancer Victims

St. Peregrine, whom Holy Mother Church has declared Patron of those suffering from Cancer, we turn to you for help in our friend's present sickness. We ask for your kind intercession. Ask God to relieve him of this sickness, if it be his Holy Will. Plead with the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of Sorrows, whom you loved so tenderly and in union with whom you have suffered the pains of Cancer, that she may help him with her powerful prayers and loving consolation.  But if it should be God’s Holy Will that he bear this sickness, obtain for him courage and strength to accept these trails from the loving hand of God with patience and resignation, because he knows what is best for the salvation of his soul. St. Peregrine, be his friend and patron. Help him to imitate you in accepting suffering, and to unite him with Jesus and the Mother of Sorrows, as you did.  Amen.
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Sam Morrow

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 11:21:26 PM »
Prayer to St. Peregrine, Patron Saint of Cancer Victims

St. Peregrine, whom Holy Mother Church has declared Patron of those suffering from Cancer, we turn to you for help in our friend's present sickness. We ask for your kind intercession. Ask God to relieve him of this sickness, if it be his Holy Will. Plead with the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of Sorrows, whom you loved so tenderly and in union with whom you have suffered the pains of Cancer, that she may help him with her powerful prayers and loving consolation.  But if it should be God’s Holy Will that he bear this sickness, obtain for him courage and strength to accept these trails from the loving hand of God with patience and resignation, because he knows what is best for the salvation of his soul. St. Peregrine, be his friend and patron. Help him to imitate you in accepting suffering, and to unite him with Jesus and the Mother of Sorrows, as you did.  Amen.

Thank you Michael.

Chris Johnston

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 11:23:39 PM »
I'm in.  Tiger, get well soon!

John Kirk

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 11:37:58 PM »
Hi Tiger.  Checking in, along with the other nice thoughts and prayers.  Carry on.

John

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 11:49:03 PM »
Tiger,

I hope you're as excited about the Masters as I am, but not quite as excited as Tim Tebow is to be in New York  ;D

It's such a great tournament, and the telecast is the best in golf.

Jesse Jones

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 11:56:49 PM »
I'm not waiting until tomorrow to pray.

Tiger, I'm in awe if your strength and character.

Fight on.

Mike Sweeney

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 03:49:20 AM »
John had a tough week but he still has a sense of humor, and is still the #1 college football fan that I know.  

In order to correspond about "other things", I forwarded John a recent article about the continuing hatefest between Boston College and UConn sports departments. Long story short, it started when Boston College (my alma mater) screwed the Big East, and UConn has been pissed off at us for years. It has only gotten worse as BC blocked UConn from entering the ACC on this last go around, and UConn is stuck in The Big East with a football program that would like to take over New England. Tiger responded with:

Thanks Mike, there is nothing more fun than good ole fashion college hating, cheers tiger

;) :D

College football has weaved its way in and out of this site for years, and Tiger has been a big part of that.

Jud_T

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 06:33:23 AM »
Hang tough Tiger!  As in the Ruthian era,  here's hoping that other Tiger wins one for ya next week.
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Mike Hamilton

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 08:27:45 AM »
My thoughts and prayers for you and Katie, Tiger...keep fighting!

David Harshbarger

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 08:32:43 AM »
For all of us who don't know you personally, but wish you well, God Bless!
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

SL_Solow

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 08:34:37 AM »
Tiger;  Add another of your many friends who are in your corner.  I know you will fight the good fight.

Shel

Kris Shreiner

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 08:45:56 AM »
Tiger,

Stay positive and live each day. Know your GCA cohorts are in your corner!

Tommy,

Thank you for sharing that wonderful sentiment. I reflected this morning and will do so tomorrow as well. God Bless.

Cheers,
Kris 8)

"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Jason Hines

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 08:58:11 AM »
Chin up Tiger. 

Praying in 2 minutes.

Jason Hines
Olathe, KS

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 03:17:22 PM »
Tiger,

Stay strong and stay the course until you overcome this beast.  My thoughts are with you and Katie.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

PThomas

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 11:40:11 PM »
always thinking about you friend...........best wishes always
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2012, 12:10:30 AM »
Tiger,

Our discussion at CC's Coffee on College is to this day one of my favorite discussions of golf course architecture ever. It was a privilege to be with you that day.

God Speed

Geaux Tigers!

Wyatt

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back