News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Bogey's Photo Friday
« on: March 23, 2012, 09:13:51 AM »
David Stone and Mother Nature collaborate at The Honors Course:

Hurdzan Fry's Lions Mouth in Rocket City:

For all the saints who from their labors rest.  My pilgramage to honor Old Tom, Young Tom and Allan Robertson:

6+12=18 at The Old Course:

Sarazan had Daniels in the Lions Den.  Hendren had Dennis at the Road Hole:

Just minutes away from a quick peek at the Captains' Balls and some bread pudding:

Have a great weekend.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:17:35 AM by Michael_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Bill_McBride

Re: Bogey's Photo Friday
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 09:21:08 AM »
Great stuff, Bogey!    Love that Rocket City hole, and the St Andrews shots make me want to call my travel agent.

Tim Martin

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 09:46:53 AM »
Bogey-Love the "Lions Mouth" shot. How far in front of the green does that sit?

Howard Riefs

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »

Hurdzan Fry's Lions Mouth in Rocket City:

Great photos.  Love the green complex above. Had to look it up: #16 at The Ledges of Huntsville.

#16 "Alcatraz" - Par4/403 Yards
Two pot bunkers lining the left side of the fairway, large bunkers stretching down the right hand side, and a winding water hazard are located below this elevated green. What more could you ask for? How about a 12-foot sod bunker looking beneath the front of the 16th green, a.k.a. Alcatraz.

https://www.memberstatements.com/tour/tours.cfm?tourid=18723
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

George Pazin

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 11:02:07 AM »
Good stuff, can't wait till next Friday...
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Jim Sherma

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 11:25:00 AM »
If you're in that bunker is there a place to hit it out to sideways if you can't get it up and out? The tongue on the left looks like it might hold the ball but the slope on the right looks real steep. Otherwise do you have to go backwards over the creek?

Mike Hendren

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 11:38:08 AM »
Tim the putting surface begins immediately after the back side of the bunker's shoulder.

Jim, you've hit on the double-hazard nature of the bunker - the creek makes playing backward dicey.  My second found the dead middle of the bunker and I had no trouble escaping to within 20 feet of the pin.  While a mid-handicapper I'm a big digger and rarely find a bunker I can't play from - it's the only part of my game that has survived my demise.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Eric Smith

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 12:02:28 PM »
Can we all chime in with pics or is it just you, bogey?

Save em for Sheehy's Snapshot Sundays. ;D

Tim Martin

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 12:10:15 PM »
Tim the putting surface begins immediately after the back side of the bunker's shoulder.

Jim, you've hit on the double-hazard nature of the bunker - the creek makes playing backward dicey.  My second found the dead middle of the bunker and I had no trouble escaping to within 20 feet of the pin.  While a mid-handicapper I'm a big digger and rarely find a bunker I can't play from - it's the only part of my game that has survived my demise.

Bogey

Mike-That is really well done. That collection area to its left gives the impression at least from the photo that there is a false front between the bunker and the putting surface.

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 12:13:05 PM »
David Stone and Mother Nature collaborate at The Honors Course:

I've had the good fortune to play The Honor's Course 2 or 3 times. The short par 3 pictured was one of my favorites. A devilish hole with a significant penalty if you miss the green. An island green in a sea of native grass. I wanted to return in the fall to see all the colors on this hole. A great hole.

jonathan_becker

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 12:16:41 PM »
An island green in a sea of native grass.

Does the club maintain that grass?  Does it ever grow high enough to where it obstructs the player's view?  Just curious.

JMEvensky

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 12:27:38 PM »
An island green in a sea of native grass.

Does the club maintain that grass?  Does it ever grow high enough to where it obstructs the player's view?  Just curious.

No,the green is visible.

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 05:53:41 PM »
Once again...well done Bogey!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 11:15:38 PM »
Always on your game bogie

Anthony Gray

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 10:48:03 AM »

Keep em coming Bogey.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 02:26:05 PM »
HONORS COURSE

Still confused...NO, the club does not maintain the grass or NO the grass does not grow high enough to obscure the putting surface?
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

JMEvensky

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 09:54:54 AM »
HONORS COURSE

Still confused...NO, the club does not maintain the grass or NO the grass does not grow high enough to obscure the putting surface?

To my knowledge,the grass is never high enough to obscure the green.

Of course,I've never played there with Billy Barty.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back