News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joel_Stewart

Sharp Park 80th anniversary golf tournament
« on: March 19, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
For all GCA people in the Bay Area as well as Mackenzie lovers, please join us for this celebration, tournament and fund raiser. 

This is a 2 man tournament and the entry fee is only $150 per person.

Sharp Park 80th Anniversary Tournament and Celebration

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sharp Park Golf Course opened in Spring, 1932. 80 years ago!

Join the San Francisco Public Golf Alliance, Pacifica Chamber of Commerce, and Sharp Park Golf Club and Business Women's Golf Club, for a day of celebration Saturday, May 19, starting with a golf tournament, followed by a reception and festivities in the Clubhouse at 5:30 p.m.

Golf:

2-best-balls per foursome, full handicap.

Sign-in 11:30am

Shotgun start, 12:30pm

Prizes, surprise guests and more!

80th Anniversary Festivities:

Start at 5:30 p.m.

Join us for hors d'oeuvres, a no-host bar, a raffle for golf merchandise, a silent auction for great prizes (golf trips, vacation weekends, golf lessons and equipment, golf art by famous golf artists, and much more)!

Proceeds to support the Public Golf Alliance's ongoing legal fight to Save Sharp Park Golf Course.

Kris Shreiner

Re: Sharp Park 80th anniversary golf tournament
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 04:43:31 PM »
Joel,

Sounds like a great event. Regret I can't make it out, but one would hope the Western GCA gang could certainly "represent" in strongly supporting public golf in the Bay area! I just hope something viable can emerge out of all of the efforts.

Much success,

Kris 8)
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:16:29 PM »
We hope that this contingent would show support.  The goal is to continue to raise awareness to this long drawn out fight for the survival of this golf course.

The federal trial begins in a few months which will determine its fate.

JLahrman

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »
Not sure if I can commit to this but seems like we should try to keep this near the top.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back