News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Jones

Re: Walking Golf Shoes
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2012, 12:34:13 PM »
I got 2 pairs of TruLinks - the second pair was a half size different from the originals.  I think they are great walking shoe, but my favorite are still Footjoy Icon unless I am walking 18+ or playing 2 days in a row.
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Mark Johnson

« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2012, 01:48:15 PM »
Just completed my "true" experiment - which lasted about 5 rounds until I pulled the ripcord.  I found that they do not work for my flat feet, and that they ran a bit small compared to the other brands I've tried.  Went back to FJ Icons until the Nike Frees come out this summer. 

interesting.  I have the flatest of flat feet and i the true are some of the most comfortable I have ever worn... feels as good as the nike frees I would out in.   I wear them for probably about 85% of my rounds.  (I tend not to wear them on courses which a bunch of hardpan since i need a little more traction there)

Ivan Morris

« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2012, 02:40:25 PM »
After wearing Foot Joys faithfully for over forty years, I recently became a fan of ECCO shoes both on and off the golf course.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 03:17:37 PM by Ivan Morris »

Tim Martin

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2012, 02:47:01 PM »
After wearing Foot Joys faithfully for over forty years, I recently became a fan ECCO shoes both on and off the golf course.

Ivan- As far as street shoes go I can't imagine anything more durable or comfortable than ECCO.

Ivan Morris

« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2012, 03:19:05 PM »
Tim- Absolutely right!

Ross Harmon

« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2012, 08:36:58 PM »
What's the verdict on the True Sensei's?

For those that have them, give me your pros and cons.

I've had them since the week they came out. Only played twice in the though, but have worn them around town too. All around, I highly recommend them. Great counterpart to my Tours.

Pros: Lightweight, breathable, solid TRUE fit, relatively inexpensive, can be worn "on the street"
Cons: Not waterproof (they aren't advertised as waterproof, so this isn't a surprise), no great colors (I settled for the grey/ blue)

BHoover

« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2012, 08:42:31 PM »
I really wish that True would bring back the 2011 Tours. I have a pair of both the 2011s and the 2012s. While the 2012s are comfortable, I much prefer the fit and look of the 2011s. I also much prefer the soles of the 2011s compared to the 2012s.

If anyone from True is reading this, please please please bring back the 2011 Tours!

Jason Walker

« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »
Footjoy Classics, Classics Dry, and Classics Dry Premiere.  Great walking shoe, even better riding shoe

Ross Harmon

« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2012, 12:05:29 AM »
I really wish that True would bring back the 2011 Tours. I have a pair of both the 2011s and the 2012s. While the 2012s are comfortable, I much prefer the fit and look of the 2011s. I also much prefer the soles of the 2011s compared to the 2012s.

If anyone from True is reading this, please please please bring back the 2011 Tours!

I prefer the 2011s as well. They can still be found online at some shops. Cheap too.

David Davis

« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2012, 04:28:56 AM »
The only thing that matters (besides looks of course) is what fits your feet and provides the right support for the type of foot you have and whether your foot pronates or supinates etc. This and the support, sole etc will always determine what's most comfortable for you. Most of us would benefit from custom insoles to even the weight distribution out and improve our balance. Most if not all the pros have them put into their shoes. Tiger for example has them, they help your back tremendously as well as your balance and other things related.

I put them into my ski racing boots back in the 80's, huge difference. Ideally you have them in all your shoes. I don't. Golf wise, until recently, I've skipped back and forth between Nike's and Footjoy's. Nike's because I could always get them either free or close to it if truth be known. I always felt they lacked the support I needed in the front of my foot. The last ones I had last year only made it about 10 rounds and then hit the garbage can unfortunately. They created all kinds of problems. It was the top end model. Last trip to the US I ordered a couple pairs of Footjoy Icons, very comfortable and classic look, although heavy and tough to walk more than 18 a day in, created blisters at Bandon walking 36 + a day as well although I still think they are great shoes. They are spot on for formal private club golf. I tried the true linkswear shoes, didn't do it for my feet plus I can't get over how incredibly ugly they are. That just wouldn't fly in Europe. Then I tried the Ecco Biom hybrid Yak shoes, I thought they looked cool but more important when I put them on I couldn't believe how incredibly comfortable they were. Bought them on the spot and I'm wearing them all the time now. They are the most comfortable shoe I've ever had on my feet, ridiculous. However, I've taken a complete reaming at the club as everyone thinks they are the ugliest shoes they've ever seen. I'll be wearing them from now on as it's the perfect links golf shoe. If you haven't tried it, consider it. All my foot troubles created by those last Nike's are gone and my feet are super happy all the time.
Sharing the greatest experiences in golf.

IG: @top100golftraveler
www.lockharttravelclub.com

Josh Tarble

« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2012, 10:20:18 AM »
David,
Fully agree with you for most shoes, however with Trues, there is no need for insoles.  If you haven't tried them, you really need to do so.  They're like nothing else I've ever worn.

Question for all, does anyone wear their Trues off the course?

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
David,
Fully agree with you for most shoes, however with Trues, there is no need for insoles.  If you haven't tried them, you really need to do so.  They're like nothing else I've ever worn.

quote]

Respectfully, I've got to disagree in a BIG way with this.  I bought a pair of Trues a couple of years ago, and they are w/o question the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn.  HOWEVER, they may not work if you have a high arch, which I do.  I wear an orthotic in all my shoes, and even with the orthotic, the Trues are just too flat.  My feet were killing me after a round, so I ended up giving them to my son; I just could not wear them.  Went back to Eccos, which I wear for both golf and work.

Think of Trues as bedroom slippers for golf; they are that comfortable.  But some people can walk 5 miles in bedroom slippers, and some can't.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2012, 10:56:54 AM »
People tend to think what works for them must be universal.  I have Trues and Eccos, think very highly of both of them though both have pros and cons for me.  You just have to experiment and see what works for you. 

Josh Tarble

« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2012, 11:04:26 AM »
David,

quote]

Respectfully, I've got to disagree in a BIG way with this.  I bought a pair of Trues a couple of years ago, and they are w/o question the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn.  HOWEVER, they may not work if you have a high arch, which I do.  I wear an orthotic in all my shoes, and even with the orthotic, the Trues are just too flat.  My feet were killing me after a round, so I ended up giving them to my son; I just could not wear them.  Went back to Eccos, which I wear for both golf and work.

Think of Trues as bedroom slippers for golf; they are that comfortable.  But some people can walk 5 miles in bedroom slippers, and some can't.

That's "true" (haha).  I guess the concept of them are pretty much opposite that of orthotics.  Being that it's supposed to be as close to bare foot as possible.

Tom Allen

« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2012, 11:36:00 AM »
I have the True Tours and the Footjoy Contour Casual in wide.  Both are definitely the most comfortable golf shoes I've worn, by a large margin.  I play a course in Ohio that is frequently wet and soggy, and I like to play in the morning, so dew is often a factor as well.  So I need waterproof.  Both of these shoes are waterproof, and I have no problems with slippage either.  In fact, I like these two shoes so much I hate to wear my other ones now.

I really don't notice a playing performance when I switch, though I do notice a difference in the feel of the shoes, because the Trues are so low to the ground.

I'm also very interested in trying the Ecco Biom Hybrid, but the high cost (close to $200) and the lack of a waterproof guarantee has always kept me from trying them.  I hear nothing but good things about them though.

Ben Carey

« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2012, 06:03:58 PM »
+1 to all the great comments about the various TRUEs - they are the best bet for most walking golfers.

I've walked in many pairs of shoes over the past two years and have found that TRUE is it for me. I have a slight bias for the Stealths, but the Tours, PHX, and Sensei are all incredible. I've tried the shoes with custom footbeds and found that the standard insoles wear and feel much better. I've recently dropped socks from the equation and it's just my feet and the shoes.

We have quite a few reviews over on Fresh that outline our thoughts on shoes for walking (http://freshgolfreviews.com/category/shoes/). I've written the majority of those reviews and only take a cart when a course requires it. All-in-all, I've probably walked 120-130 rounds in the past year.

Jon Byron

« Reply #116 on: December 26, 2012, 07:26:11 PM »
I agree with Ben - I am using the True when I can.
Haven't played since yesterday, not playing until tomorrow, hardly playing at all!

Tim Leahy

« Reply #117 on: December 26, 2012, 07:31:03 PM »
Do the True's come in EW, I have a 4e foot.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #118 on: December 26, 2012, 09:02:45 PM »
I'm 13 4E and the size 13 Trues are awesome for me!

Terry Lavin

« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »
This discussion could fold easily into the "you know you're a gca nerd" thread.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Tim Bert

« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2012, 11:55:46 AM »
What's the verdict on the True Sensei's?

For those that have them, give me your pros and cons.

I've had them since the week they came out. Only played twice in the though, but have worn them around town too. All around, I highly recommend them. Great counterpart to my Tours.

Pros: Lightweight, breathable, solid TRUE fit, relatively inexpensive, can be worn "on the street"
Cons: Not waterproof (they aren't advertised as waterproof, so this isn't a surprise), no great colors (I settled for the grey/ blue)

I will second this review. Overall, the Sensei are probably the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. I would wear them in anything other than the driest, no rain forecasted conditions on a golf course.  Biggest con for me is the color selections. I also bought blue/grey. Picked up a second pair this week (grey/white) but this was more of a "settling situation" on the color scheme.

I wear these everywhere except for work when I am dressed in a manner that dictates dress shoes.

Jon Byron

« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2013, 11:03:27 PM »
Went and bought a pair of TRUEsensei (online) and received them today. They are great! I may wear these all day everywhere! Good for True Links.
Haven't played since yesterday, not playing until tomorrow, hardly playing at all!

Josh Tarble

« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2013, 11:24:19 PM »
Has anyone been able to try the new Adidas shoes?

Steve Lang

« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2013, 11:40:27 PM »
 8)  I used to have a real nice pair of addidas shoes, also played tennis in them.. until i moved into puma's

i favor the True Stealths, wear them to work and have been known to head over to Memorial Park for lunch and do a quick walk on or just practice and go back to work... 

Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Jason Thurman

« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2013, 11:21:33 AM »
Does anyone have a review of the newer Nike TW golf shoes that are inspired by the Free running shoe?

I like the comfort of my Trues, but they're not attractive and I have some reservations about their durability. My Eccos are fine, but I don't love their weight.

I've tried on the TWs and I LOVE my Nike Frees that I wear for running and working out. The TWs seem like they stabilize a bit more, but that's probably a good thing for a golf shoe. Anyone out there with first hand experience?
"There will always be haters. That’s just the way it is. Hating dudes marry hating women and have hating ass kids." - Evan Turner

Some of y'all have never been called out in bold green font and it really shows.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back