News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Freeman

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie!!
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2012, 10:07:50 AM »
George - I'm sorry to report that due to health issues I need to drop out of this year's Midwest Mashie. Maybe next year!

Have a great time!

Mike

Sorry to hear that Michael.  Hopefully you can make it next year!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2012, 07:00:03 AM »
Also some bad news (for me) from Cleveland...an unexpected family commitment the weekend of May 19-20 will keep me from making the trip over to South Bend.  Hoping I can make it for next year's version!

Sorry everyone...
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

George Freeman

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2012, 09:14:37 AM »
bump
Mayhugh is my hero!!

"I love creating great golf courses.  I love shaping earth...it's a canvas." - Donald J. Trump

Andrew Lewis

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2012, 01:37:38 PM »
George -

I regrettably need to withdraw due to a business trip.

Hope the event is a success, and I'll look forward to 2013!

Cheers, Andrew

Joey Chase

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2012, 02:00:48 PM »
I was part of the team that changed the sand and added drainage/ liners to the bunkers at the Warren Course several years ago.  The course is a lot of fun to play and I'm sure Supt. Matt Cielen will have the place glowing for you guys.  I wish I was in the U.S. to attend one of these events!

George Freeman

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2012, 02:08:28 PM »
Dropping like flies! 

Surprised that the Warren Course isn't generating more interest - currently we're hovering around 10 guys committed. 

About a month out.  Let's get the numbers up!
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Billsteele

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »
George-As a participant in the first two Mashies, I would love to attend the third edition. However, work and family obligations prevent me from doing so. Your effort in putting these events together is truly appreciated. Here is hoping that I will be in attendance in 2013.

George Freeman

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie (UPDATE)
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2012, 05:10:13 PM »
All - as much as it pains me to do this, I am going to have to cancel the 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie, unless we get 20 confirmed players by Wednesday May 2nd.

I think it is a combination of things that are contributing to the low turnout, but it's unfortunate.

For those of you who have made hotel reservations, please check the cancellation policies and let me know if you get push back.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Mark Smolens

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2012, 11:15:51 PM »
George, seems to be a bad weekend for the guys i thought to bring, so I'm no hope for adding to the mix. . .

PCCraig

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2012, 08:45:22 AM »
Bummer George...
H.P.S.

Bill Seitz

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2012, 10:25:14 AM »
This has been a bad weekend for me the last two years because it lands on the same weekend as a firmwide training.  For what it's worth, I don' fly out until mid-afternoon on Sunday, so I could fully commit if it makes a difference, but it doesn't appear that's going be the case. 

Brian Joines

« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »
I can add a couple local guys but it seems we'd need a few more commits before any of that would help.

John McCarthy

« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2012, 02:50:36 PM »
Any word? 
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Terry Lavin

« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2012, 03:33:49 PM »
If this fizzles out, I will volunteer to put another one-day event together at Beverly, which should be much easier logistically.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

George Freeman

« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2012, 04:44:08 PM »
I know I said I'd wait until the 5th, but seeing that no additional bodies have been added, I'm going to call it off now, unfortunately.

Terry - thanks a lot for the offer!  I think that's a great idea and I would be more than happy to help organize.
Mayhugh is my hero!!

Bill Seitz

« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2012, 05:26:25 PM »
I know I said I'd wait until the 5th, but seeing that no additional bodies have been added, I'm going to call it off now, unfortunately.

Well, that's unfortunate, but I know it was a bad weekend for a lot of people, and graduation probably didn't help.  Hopefully we can get our act together for next year. 

Matthew Sander

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie - CANCELLED
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2012, 05:40:01 PM »
Big thanks to George for putting in the time to organize the event. It is a shame it didn't work out.

Ken Fry

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »
George,

Thanks so much for the effort.  I was looking forward to playing the Mashie at home to try and turn the tide for the East team.  I'll look forward to next year's event!

Ken

John McCarthy

« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2012, 08:26:50 PM »
Shoot. 

George, thanks for putting this together. Next year will work out I'm sure.

I still want to play that weekend though.
The only way of really finding out a man's true character is to play golf with him. In no other walk of life does the cloven hoof so quickly display itself.
 PG Wodehouse

Steve Salmen

Re: 3rd Annual Midwest Mashie - CANCELLED New
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2012, 05:19:25 AM »
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:54:09 PM by Steve Salmen »

Brian Laurent

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2012, 08:08:15 AM »
Sorry to hear! I could host a few guys in Columbus if anyone is interested...
"You know the two easiest jobs in the world? College basketball coach or golf course superintendent, because everybody knows how to do your job better than you do." - Roy Williams | @brianjlaurent | @OHSuperNetwork

Ken Fry

« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2012, 11:00:27 AM »
If anyone still comes to South Bend that weekend, let me know.  I could get together for a round on Sunday.

Ken

Brian Joines

« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2012, 03:44:28 PM »
I will also be in town that weekend, if anyone decides to come to South Bend anyway. I too have the green light for golf all weekend.

Brian Finn

« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2012, 04:18:19 PM »
George - thank you for all the efforts, and sorry it did not work out.  I hope to participate in my first Mashie whenever the next one takes place.

For those that had still planned to participate, where are you located (or where do you plan to be that weekend)?  Like many others, I had the "hall pass" for a 2 to 3 day weekend, and hope to still make use of it.  I don't always get rain checks on those from the boss!

Brian Laurent, Brian Hoover, and I are in Columbus, OH.  Sounds like 2 or more will be in South Bend, and several others in Chicago.  Where else?

Perhaps we can organize a backup event (or two) in locations that are in these areas.  I am happy to help with logistics if folks are interested.  

Brian Finn
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

John McCarthy

« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2012, 04:51:55 PM »
I would love a Saturday afternoon round near chicago.  Anyone else been to Blackstone in Marengo?
 PG Wodehouse

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back