News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

James Bennett

Re: The biggest clunker on the greatest course.
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2012, 12:10:26 AM »
Kalen Braley playing Cypress Point is the biggest clunker on the greatest course. Close the thread. ;D

I actually had a chance to break 90 that day, but 16 did me in after putting two in the drink...

Kalen Braley

you putted two balls off the green on #16 into the drink?  You must have had very fast greens and a front pin!

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Kalen Braley

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2012, 11:35:15 AM »
Kalen Braley playing Cypress Point is the biggest clunker on the greatest course. Close the thread. ;D

I actually had a chance to break 90 that day, but 16 did me in after putting two in the drink...

Kalen Braley

you putted two balls off the green on #16 into the drink?  You must have had very fast greens and a front pin!

James B

James, it was a nightmare indeed.  I was only trying to make sure I didn't leave the birdie putt short and the insanity ensued!!  ;)

D_Malley

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2012, 12:56:55 PM »
#11 at Merion

I believe that the fairway was already widened. the fw now goes all the way to the creek on the left side and is connected to #12 fw.

Alex Miller

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2012, 01:10:35 PM »
I think Riviera is a great course, and since the pros are there this week, I'd say 14 is a clunker compared to the rest.

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2012, 12:29:32 AM »

There is no decision-making required on either shot at 11, and a hole with limited options is, in my view, a weak golf hole.

Hard to believe these are the same holes.  Better?

Pete Blaisdell

« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2012, 04:00:51 AM »
John
  I honestly believe that there are no bad holes anywhere in golf. I am sure you will yhink I am daft in my opinion but I learned the game as a child on a course that no longer exists, Sullivan Golf Course in Sullivan NH. A nine holer, it was designed by a farmer who never played the game. You could best describe it as a pasture and that is what it is today with a few cows roaming about but I have fond memories of that course, just as fond of playing all the courses on your list except Sand Hills. There are holes that I don't like but I respect every hole I have ever played .

Not sure I know what "clunker" means but here are the holes I'm not fond of.

Augusta 7th, Cypress 7th, Pebble 1st & 2nd, I like all the holes at the other courses I've played on your list. I would like to add that I also don't care for the 8th at Seminole which is one of my personal top 5 courses to play.
' Golf courses are like wives and the prom queen doesn't always make for the best wife "

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back