News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard_Mandell

The Golf Experience Your Way Survey 2012
« on: February 01, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »
Guys:

We completely re-did our Golf Experience Survey connected with the Symposium on Affordable Golf and it is now live.  We had about 200 responses last year with good information, but think that it is much more user friendly and concise this time around.  Our goal for this year's Symposium (October 29-30) is to have thousands of responses so please participate in the survey and pass it along to everyone, particularly Greens Committee Members and especially Chairmen.

Visit www.symposiumonaffordablegolf.comand click on The Golf Experience - Your Way! link above the Mission Statement to take the survey.

thanks,  

Richard Mandell
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:03:03 PM by Richard_Mandell »

Bill_McBride

Re: The Golf Experience Your Way Survey 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 04:44:13 PM »
Guys:

We completely re-did our Golf Experience Survey connected with the Symposium on Affordable Golf and it is now live.  We had about 200 responses last year with good information, but think that it is much more user friendly and concise this time around.  Our goal for this year's Symposium (October 29-30) is to have thousands of responses so please participate in the survey and pass it along to everyone, particularly Greens Committee Members and especially Chairmen.

Visit www.symposiumonaffordablegolf.com and click on The Golf Experience - Your Way! link above the Mission Statement to take the survey.

thanks, 

Richard Mandell

Richard, I tried to do the survey, but a log in request popped up requiring a log in name and password.  What to do?

Garland Bayley

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »
Requires user name and passwqrd ???
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Howard Riefs

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 04:47:39 PM »
Richard's link goes to an FTP site instead of the public site. Try this link:

http://www.symposiumonaffordablegolf.com/

And here's the survey:

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/WEB22EG9LPVMXR
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Richard_Mandell

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 05:04:35 PM »
Thanks Howard.  I fixed the link in my first post.  Used the ftp button instead of the web button.  Sorry.  Hey, that's why we don't design websites.

Brian Finn

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 09:21:12 PM »
I just completed the survey.  Some interesting questions.  Will the Results be published?  I would be very curious to see the collective responses.  Thanks.
New for '24: Monifieth x2, Montrose x2, Panmure, Carnoustie x3, Scotscraig, Kingsbarns, Elie, Dumbarnie, Lundin, Belvedere, The Loop x2, Forest Dunes, Arcadia Bluffs x2, Kapalua Plantation, Windsong Farm, Minikahda...

Brian Potash

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 09:39:09 PM »
Very easy to do.  Only takes a few minutes.

Tim Bert

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 10:05:05 PM »
I think the survey is an improvement over last year's version.

I do have one comment. Not sure if this is solely an iPhone issue or if the choices are the same if you take the survey on a computer but the multiple choice selections were a bit odd. Sometimes 0 or 1. Sometimes 1 or 2. Sometimes 0, 1, or 2. Sometimes the highest number was the first choice and sometimes the last. I went with the approach that the highest number was always the most affirmative and the lowest the most dissenting but there were no worded descriptions to aid in that judgment.

Gary Strohl

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 09:16:55 AM »
It is unique to the iPhone.  At least, it is not the same response when you take the survey on a computer.  Just try it on your computer to make sure that you answered the questions appropriately.

Lou Cutolo

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »
Richard,
Very thorough survey will you be able to share the results?
Lou

RJ_Daley

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 09:42:10 AM »
In the suggestion box, I included to ask questions about if there should be more signage, or enough signage on the course to direct traffic, including around and away from greens and approaches, and areas for carts to stay out and away from soft or sensitive areas.  I don't think courses usually have enough signs to remind the less experienced golfers of where they can and can't go.  Good signage also helps pace of play, IMHO.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

PCCraig

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 10:52:31 AM »
Just filled it out. Took all of 5 min. There were certainly some questions that made me think though like "how many bunkers should a hole have?"  :-\ 2? 3? 4? :)
H.P.S.

Richard_Mandell

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 11:01:03 AM »
Thanks for the input and suggestions.  I do like the aspect of more signage on golf courses.  I think that would help the maintenance crews and could cut some expenses as well as speed up play.

I will reveal the results at the next Symposium on Affordable Golf this October 29th and 30th so if you want first crack at seeing these results, come to the Symposium.  The results of the survey will also be available as part of the White Paper after the 2012 Symposium. Of course, I still haven't finished the White Paper from this past Symposium but will have it done this month.

My goal is 1000 responses on the survey - please pass it on to as many as possible.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 11:07:33 AM »
Just filled it out. Took all of 5 min. There were certainly some questions that made me think though like "how many bunkers should a hole have?"  :-\ 2? 3? 4? :)

Not as much thought required for preference of "Fountains in water hazards" and "Waterfalls in water hazards."

Both, please.
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

PCCraig

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 11:19:31 AM »

Not as much thought required for preference of "Fountains in water hazards" and "Waterfalls in water hazards."

Both, please.

Ha - All you would need is a waterslide and you could call the course "Noah's Ark National at the Wisconsin Dells"  :D
H.P.S.

Richard_Mandell

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »
So far after a week we have had 110 completed surveys compared to only 221 over a 2-3 month period prior to last year's Symposium.  My goal is 2500 by October 29th.  That's nine months. Can we keep spreading the word?  Thanks.

PCCraig

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 09:22:49 AM »
So far after a week we have had 110 completed surveys compared to only 221 over a 2-3 month period prior to last year's Symposium.  My goal is 2500 by October 29th.  That's nine months. Can we keep spreading the word?  Thanks.

Richard,

Did you think about posting it on other golf sites? GolfWrx.com perhaps?
H.P.S.

Richard_Mandell

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »
Pat:

Just signed up.  Which forums do you recommend I canvas?

PCCraig

Kalen Braley

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 01:41:31 PM »
Richard,

I've been somewhat of a critic in the past of this survey, so I wanted to chime in and say this one was pretty well done.  I think it hit all the key points without asking 100 questions and/or dragging on

My only nitpick would be #25.  It seemed liked it should either be multiple choice or the question worded differently to ask which was the MOST important.

Thanks for putting this together and hopefully you reach your goal!

Kalen

Richard_Mandell

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 10:05:40 PM »
Nitpick corrected.  Thanks for the fine-tuning and the support, Kalen. 138 responses and counting.  Let's get past 221 by Monday morning?!

Richard_Mandell

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 08:56:54 AM »
Quick update on our Golf Experience Your Way Survey: 369 completed surveys. That far exceeds our total from last year (221). 

Just a reminder to keep this thing going so in case someone missed this thread earlier, please take the survey (you can access it on my first entry here).

Please pass this along to those who may want to take the survey.

Thanks again.

Joe Stansell

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 10:15:22 AM »
I just noticed your survey. Like Kalen, I was a bit of a critic on last year's version of this survey. Much better this year. I noticed that question 10 uses a checkbox, not a radio button, meaning that users can select more than one choice. I don't think that's your intent.

David Harshbarger

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 12:33:02 PM »
Done, much more concise than last time. Are you separating results based on referring site?
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Pat Burke

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
Done.
Very easy to do.   Thanks.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back