News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Paul Jones

Stonebridge Meadow in Arkansas
« on: January 24, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »
Has anyone played it?  I will be in Bentonville for work in a few weeks and was looking for a place to play.  I will probably only be able to squeeze in 1 round.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Michael Baldwin

Re: Stonebridge Meadow in Arkansas
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 05:00:32 PM »
My hometown!  I haven’t played it but I grew up in Fayetteville.  Consensus is that it's probably your best public option in the NW Arkansas area. 

If you have any more spare time, be sure to visit the newly opened Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville.

Paul Jones

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 05:03:26 PM »
Thanks Michael.  Are there any other courses around that area worth seeing - Public or Private ?

Paul
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Michael Baldwin

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 05:39:12 PM »
My golfing time in Arkansas was mostly limited to ages 13-15 (I grew a foot in one summer and the wheels came off) and didn’t pick the game up again until I landed in Chicago five years ago, fwiw.

Public:  If you want some truly local flavor, play Brush Creek Golf Course.  It’s a little country 9 holer where I learned to play.  The course is set in a cow pasture with a prominent ridge and creek.  The guy who takes your money at the register is the same guy who built and designed the course.  Jeans and t-shirts.  BYOB.  $10 for 9 holes.  It’s pretty special, if only to me.  I played it over the holidays this year and had a blast. 

Private: Pinnacle CC, in Rogers, holds an annual LPGA event; Fayetteville Country Club is listed as a Perry Maxwell design; Blessings Golf Club is an RTJII design that’s supposed to be brutal.  I haven’t played any of the private courses but they are generally accepted as the “best” in the area.  Although, I did have a fine meal in the Blessings Club House (designed by one of my former professors). 

JMEvensky

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 05:43:18 PM »
How far away is Hardscrabble CC in Fort Smith?

Michael Baldwin

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 05:48:46 PM »
From Bentonville, it's about an hour and a half with no traffic.  Fayetteville, it's a little less than an hour.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 09:32:57 PM »
Paul, I think a nice well played 3 wood that nails Bobby Petrino in the tush will pick up your spirits while in that area.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 02:38:42 PM »
Stonebridge Meadows is indeed your best bet for public golf...but if you can get the cahnce to play the Blessings do so..
Good golf course, indeed difficult from the back tees, but playable if you choose the right set of tees to play.
Home to the Razorback golf team, with an excellent practice faclility..very modern clubhouse...moeny from Mr Tyson of chicken fame to build the course, and in mu opinion certainly top five in the state .

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back