News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jay Flemma

What do people think of Bountiful Ridge in Utah?
« on: December 19, 2011, 10:56:52 AM »
It's a William Bell course in Salt Lake City.  I've seen pix and it looks narrow, but it also is a nice price for a public venue.  Anyone played it? Any thoughts?
Mackenzie, MacRayBanks, Maxwell, Doak, Dye, Strantz. @JayGolfUSA, GNN Radio Host of Jay's Plays www.cybergolf.com/writerscorner

Kalen Braley

Re: What do people think of Bountiful Ridge in Utah?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 12:08:09 PM »
Jay,

I did a review on it a few years back:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,40797.0.html

Here's what I wrote in my summary paragraph, but more comments can be found in my review:

"Overall while it’s a neat experience and one of the better publics in Northern Utah, I can think of several other munis in the area that I would easily rank ahead of this one. While it has a few interesting holes, many are forgettable and they went absolutely nuts with the cart path placements as you will see in the pictures. At best it’s a 3.5 on the Doak scale and only worth a play if you live in the area."

As for narrowness, while it does have a few skinny holes, overall its not too bad.  The price, just like most courses in Utah is where the real value is found.  I've played all over the west and yet to see anywhere that matches Utah for Relative quality of course + Very inexpensive green fees.

David Stamm

Re: What do people think of Bountiful Ridge in Utah?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 06:35:17 PM »
I believe William Neff, an associate of William Bell, jr, designed the course, not Bell.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back