News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_F

Fergie,
Thanks for chiming in and rousing a bit of discussion. It's a pity the rains ruined my chance for decent photos from Peninsula, but thankfully you've provided some gems from your personal stash over the years.

No worries Kyle.  Pity your exhaustive work has met with little response. 

I actually don't have that many images of Peninsula - if you are planning on doing a couple of tours, I better get my act together.  But you still take pretty good images, rain or no rain.

Kyle Henderson

Kyle,

Is that the day Judge got lost getting to the 1st tee and emerged from the left rough carrying his clubs and pull cart?

Indeed. However, I was under the impression that was not his first visit to the National, so I'm assuming he was up to something unsavory with the local wildlife and not truly disoriented.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Kyle Henderson

Fergie,
Thanks for chiming in and rousing a bit of discussion. It's a pity the rains ruined my chance for decent photos from Peninsula, but thankfully you've provided some gems from your personal stash over the years.

No worries Kyle.  Pity your exhaustive work has met with little response. 

I actually don't have that many images of Peninsula - if you are planning on doing a couple of tours, I better get my act together.  But you still take pretty good images, rain or no rain.

Photoshop helps, but not if my camera must stay in the bag to avoid water damage.

Then again, seeing as how I lost the camera last month on a flight, I should he kept firing away rain or shine.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Bruce Hardie

Nice one Kyle.

I enjoy the width available here, but those unable to resist making a beeline straight at the flag both off the tee and for their approaches will get burned fairly often. Having a cagey veteran of the course at your side is a definite advantage as it is for most of our favoured courses.

I think it suffers a bit from the modern hard road home and the need to hold on to a score as you fight your way back uphill and into the prevailing wind 16-18. It certainly seems to be a Norman/Harrison motif.

I think quite highly of all the par 5s here and their variation. The long curve of 2, the green site for 7, the lightning bolt shape of 15.

Are these the toughest group par 3s on the Mornington Peninsula?  Maybe the leviathon down the road is tougher, but certainly not better.

Kyle Henderson

Are these the toughest group par 3s on the Mornington Peninsula?  Maybe the leviathon down the road is tougher, but certainly not better.

Which is the leviathon of which you write?

Bruce Hardie

Moonh Links Open.

"The Leviathan of a course is a new experience for Australian golf. Visitors will get a whiff of what top championship play is really like."

Peter Thomson - 5 times British Open Champion.

Kyle Henderson

Moonh Links Open.

"The Leviathan of a course is a new experience for Australian golf. Visitors will get a whiff of what top championship play is really like."

Peter Thomson - 5 times British Open Champion.

We played the "Legends" course at Moonah Links instead, based on the recommendations of everyone. The "Open" course is dreadful by all accounts.

Mark_F

...but those unable to resist making a beeline straight at the flag both off the tee and for their approaches will get burned fairly often.

Bruce, given that their existing course already has this feature in spades, you wonder why something different wasn't tried.

We played the "Legends" course at Moonah Links instead, based on the recommendations of everyone. The "Open" course is dreadful by all accounts.

It is Kyle, but it is still a whole lot better than National Ocean. ;D

Bruce Hardie

...but those unable to resist making a beeline straight at the flag both off the tee and for their approaches will get burned fairly often.

Bruce, given that their existing course already has this feature in spades, you wonder why something different wasn't tried.

It is Kyle, but it is still a whole lot better than National Ocean. ;D

It might have worked for the third course too - but pushup greens don't seem suitable for that kind of effect.

Scott Warren

Mark

I did the North in March:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,47614.0.html

Seems not a tremendous amount have seen it, those who have rate it highly and those who haven't want to see it.

Mark_F

Mark
I did the North in March:

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,47614.0.html
Seems not a tremendous amount have seen it, those who have rate it highly and those who haven't want to see it.

Scott,

Of course you did - my apologies for my absent-mindedness.  A good tour it was too.  Anyone who wants to see Pen North and/or South only has to ask - I am not the ogre of popular legend.   ;D

Kyle Henderson

I am not the ogre of popular legend.   ;D

Then of what are you the ogre? :P

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back