News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JNagle

Chasing Green Speeds
« on: October 28, 2011, 03:25:59 PM »
Credit goes to the maintenance staff at Tavistock Country Club, Haddonfield, NJ.  A topic that has been discussed often in the last
couple months considering our involvement with rebuilding four greens the last few weeks and the four which were put on hold for next year.  All dealt with excessive slopes and the inability to find adequate hole locations. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uOxQ9ZaSCc
It's not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or the doer of deeds could have done better.  The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; .....  "The Critic"

Jason Walker

Re: Chasing Green Speeds
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 02:53:26 PM »
Jim-
thanks for posting that!  It's been pretty well received by the membership.  I keep telling the greens staff that over-communication is key, particularly with the weather events we've had in 2011.

Along the same lines of rebuilding greens, I was going to post some photos of your work on our 18th green the last couple of weeks.  I, for one, am ecstatic how it turned out--not just the green itself but the approach too, and the bunker work is exceptional.   I was just walking that hole yesterday--amazing how fast the weather changed--and the view from 150 out is just dramatically better now.

The discussions we all had that day regarding the large internal hump, the front left, and front center areas are certainly relevant to what I'm sure is happening at clubs all over. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back