News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Mark Johnson

Re: Spanish Trail CC, Las Vegas, NV in Bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 10:33:27 PM »
hard to believe 400 members isnt enough to support a club

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 10:47:50 PM »
I wonder if their 15M club house renovation had anything to with this. From an undated article:

http://www.cybergolf.com/golf_news/spanish_trail_golf_and_country_club_set_tounveil_15_million_renovation

"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Doug Braunsdorf

Re: Spanish Trail CC, Las Vegas, NV in Bankruptcy New
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 10:49:13 PM »
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 12:31:01 PM by Doug Braunsdorf »
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Steve Salmen

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »
I've played Spanish Trails a few times and really enjoyed it.  My understanding is that water is VERY expensive in Vegas.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 01:35:52 PM »
I think I remember reading that a whole bunch of pro poker players lived out there and had golf memberships including Doyle Brunson.
Maybe too much action around the clubhouse! 8)
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Jim Nelson

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 01:52:43 PM »
1.  I heard (not a member, so second hand) that the board took on a lot of debt to upgrade the club, but that many members were not happy when this decision was being made.  This probably increased the number of defections.

2.  Bad timing.  Things looked pretty good in Vegas in 2006/7.  Fooled a lot of people including those at Spanish Trail.

3.  Water is probably the single largest expense at any club in the area.  I have heard that the water budget at my club is over 1M a year.
I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.  This makes it hard to plan the day.  E. B. White

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back