News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Warren

Re: GCA BOOMERANG - March 22-25 2012 - Paraparaumu Beach GC - TIME TO COMMIT!
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 07:09:32 AM »
Grant, welcome aboard. Apologies, didn't see this when you posted.

Welcome abroad also to Michael Taylor and his old boy, and to Dave Herrick -- the first of our US contingent for this year.

We're a tick over three months out from this. For those still teetering on the edge of committing, the time has come to do so. Before long the groups will be booked, extra tee times discarded, motel reservations made and then it is going to be difficult to add extras.

I also imagine a deposit will need to be paid to Scott C. Will keep you posted on that. I don't know specifics yet.

Scott Coan

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 06:53:46 PM »
FYI - Jetstar currently has $140 RT tickets from Wellington to Queenstown for the dates prior and after the Pram games.  Excellent price that will only go up so great chance to add in Jack's Point and Arrowtown and a bit o Queenstown highlife.

Scott Warren

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 06:24:48 AM »
Cheers Scott. That also reminds me it's time to sign back up to Air NZ's email alerts to try to snare a good deal for a flight from Sydney to NZ.

Played with Michael and Kevin today and there is strong talk of organizing a roadtrip between Auckland and Pram via Taupo and Kidnappers before the main event.

Grant Saunders

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2011, 07:51:32 PM »
Anyone thinking of venturing to the Queenstown area should consider a game at Cromwell golf club. It is just under an hour drive and has benefited from a Scott Macpherson and Greg Turner revamp of several holes. I personally view this course as a top 20 in NZ maybe even slightly higher. I would be curious to hear Scotts thoughts on how he sees it placed now.

Any help required with planning a Queenstown visit please let me know as I lived there for the previous 3 years.

A road trip from Auckland down to Paraparaumu is a great way to take in some of the country and geographically doesnt involve massive drives each day. I would be keen to expand my trip to do this.

Kevin Pallier

Scott

When do you want the money ?

I booked my flights today - will send you an email with the details - will now start trying to plan the internal golf.

Scott Warren

Matthew Delahunty added.

Ash Towe -- did I see you mention somewhere that you were a starter for this? Forgive me if I am mistaken.

Ash Towe

Scott,

I really wish I was a starter.  Unfortunately I have an appointment with a surgeon soon and it is unlikely I will have recovered sufficiently to take part.  Thanks for thinking about me.

Scott Warren

No dramas mate, sorry to hear that.

Matthew Delahunty

I've now booked my flights.

I have booked them so as to have a round at Cape Kidnappers on the Sunday, so if anyone is keen to join me let me know.

James Bennett

Scott, Scott and co

I am OUT.

I have a wedding celebration for very close friends that has been pushed back a week into this very slot.  It was my chance to see Paraparam with good company.  :(

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Scott Warren

Re: GCA BOOMERANG - March 22-25 2012 - Paraparaumu Beach GC
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2012, 11:55:01 PM »
Couple of months to go, not to late to get involved.

Unfortunately, I've been brought thudding to earth after three very pleasant years spent putting golf before work. Duty calls and I'm needed in Sydney the week and weekend that this will be held.

Thanks to Kevin Pallier who has offered to help Leo with any organisation necessary on this side of the Tasman.

Very disappointed I won't be there, but hey, that might even cause a little spike in people now rushing to join in! ;D

Michael Taylor

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2012, 10:46:38 PM »
So who is confirmed for this event?

1 Leo Barber
2 Scott Coan
3 Kevin Hughes
4 Russell Fitzgerald
5 Michael Goldstein
6 Kevin Pallier
7 Michael Taylor
8 Dave Herrick
9 Grant Saunders
10 Matthew Delahunty

Is that list correct?

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2012, 04:43:39 AM »
I recently got off the phone to Leo Barber in NZ and on behalf of the participants would like to thank him for his efforts behind hosting the 2nd Boomerang in NZ.

Its always great to meet fellow GCAers at events like these and it also makes one realise we must also thank Ran M. for establishing such a site that enables this to happen.

Michael Taylor and I leave this Sat. and look forward to meeting the Kiwis and sampling some of NZ's finest courses.

Mark_F

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2012, 05:01:19 AM »
I recently got off the phone to Leo Barber in NZ and on behalf of the participants would like to thank him for his efforts behind hosting the 2nd Boomerang in NZ.

Its always great to meet fellow GCAers at events like these and it also makes one realise we must also thank Ran M. for establishing such a site that enables this to happen.

Michael Taylor and I leave this Sat. and look forward to meeting the Kiwis and sampling some of NZ's finest courses.

Good luck Kevin.  I am sure it will be a great time with the sheep shaggers.  They are top company.

Michael Goldstein

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2012, 05:30:48 AM »
Gents, unfortunately I can't make it.  Would have enjoyed meeting many of you but we're on our final countdown with the NZPGA Pro-Am.

If anyone is coming down to Queenstown, please PM me and we'll see what can be arranged.  I'm here until the 31st before heading (one-way?) to the USA. 

In the meanwhile, enjoy Pram Beach - absolute class and I wish I got the opportunity to play my home track more than once every 12 months.  PS - play the real 9th (although don't either, a, hit a hook or b, tell Leo)

@Pure_Golf

Ash Towe

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »
Kevin,
Hope you have a great trip.  If you are in Auckland and have some spare time IM me.  at the moment I am in recovery mode.

Leo,
Good luck for a great event.

Scott Coan

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »

Hey Kevin,

Apologies for being incommunicado lately but for a time it was looking very likely that a work commitment was going to take me back Stateside for a few months causing me to miss this event.  That has now subsided so I am free to enjoy the golf.  I'll IM you regarding your itinerary as I am keen to meet up with you guys prior to the event proper in Pram for some games at Kinloch, Wairakei, Kidnappers if you have them in the loop.

Cheers

Grant Saunders

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »
Anyone heading over from Oz that could somehow manage to bring with them a 6 pack of Little Creatures pale ale would achieve instant "legend" status in my book.

I can find it here from time to time but havent seen it for a while.

Top prices will be paid!!!!

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2012, 02:56:40 AM »
We played Kauri today in driving wind and rain....was fun though

Ash

We are at Titarangi tomorrow from 9 AM if you want to catch up with us there ?

Scott

We are at Kinloch on Wednesday from 9 AM if you want to catch us there ?

Brett_Morrissy

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2012, 05:39:04 AM »
Guys,
I hope the weather brightens and you all enjoy the Boomerang, sorry I couldn't make it.
@theflatsticker

Matthew Delahunty

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2012, 08:03:54 PM »
We played Kauri today in driving wind and rain....was fun though

Ash

We are at Titarangi tomorrow from 9 AM if you want to catch up with us there ?

Scott

We are at Kinloch on Wednesday from 9 AM if you want to catch us there ?

Kevin,

I arrive in Wellington on Wednesday afternoon.  Nothing planned for Thursday except a bit of sightseeing.  Let me know if you're planning a hit anywhere on Thursday.  Otherwise, will catch up with you guys on Thursday evening.

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2012, 05:02:17 AM »
Matthew

We'll be coming down from Cape Kidnappers on Thursday ? Look forward to catching up with you.

Today we had an interesting day with power out for most of it due to strong winds and storms. The course in Taupo was closed because of the severe weather with plenty of trees uprooted. We are hoping for a better day tomorrow....

Michael Goldstein

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 05:07:44 PM »
Just heard the guys played the original Maxwell 9th hole. Superb..
@Pure_Golf

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2012, 02:28:14 PM »
Hoping you guys are having a great time with Leo and the boys at PBGC.
Cave Nil Vino

Leo Barber

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2012, 11:49:46 PM »
After a rather large 48 hours hosting the 2012 GCA Boomerang its time for some recovery and some reflection on what was a really enjoyable gathering of likeminded GCA folk here at Paraparaumu

Firstly congratulations to Kevin Pallier and his team of Internationals (Matthew Delahunty, Pup Taylor and Dave Herrick).  With a combination of fourball, foursomes and singles it was the foreign invaders who finished the strongest with a come from behind victory to claim the last match of the day and in doing so capture the honour of the "Boomerang" - 4.5 - 3.5.  They stuck it out despite waterlogged socks, blisters, inclement weather, thick fog, foreign design and a passionate opposition.  Well done guys and it was a real pleasure to have been able to host you, safe travels back home we look forward to renewing aquaintances in the future.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:57:04 PM by Leo Barber »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back