News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Kelly

Re: Change One Hole on One of Your Favorite Courses
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2011, 08:53:40 PM »
I would remove most of the trees that block a left side approach to the green on #12 at Prairie Dunes.  The bunkers and gunch that run down the left side of the hole are enough of a hazard and will still make the golfer hit a straight tee shot.  As it is now, if you are in one of the bunkers on the left side you have no chance to hit the green with your approach.

From Ran's review:
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2011, 02:19:40 PM »
TOC 17th - knock down that eyesore, the Old Course Hotel, and replace it with a steam railway. The regular engine when my wife lived in St Andrews as a schoolgirl was named Kettledrummel. Bring that back, as well.

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2011, 04:05:41 PM »
I don't know how I would change it, but I would do something to the 18th at Yale. It's been improved with the widening of the alternate fairway out to the right, but I still think it's one of the weakest holes on the course (along with the 16th). Shame to have 2 of the last 3 holes be weak par 5s.

Sean Leary

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2011, 04:53:44 PM »
David Kelly,

I agree with you on 12 at PD. I also would like to see that tuft of native grass down the right side taken down to rough. Would improve 13 as well.

There are a few places there I would clear out the native and make it a bit wider as well, but only minor changes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back