News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Victoria National to host Nationwide Tour in 2012
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:29:24 PM »
http://www.pgatour.com/2011/h/09/13/united-leasing/

According to the pundits, it's one of Fazio's best. :)
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Michael George

Re: Victoria National to host Nationwide Tour in 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM »

I always question whether I should congratulate members for hosting a PGA or Nationwide event.  I am sure it is nice for the club, but it requires the club to be closed for at least 1-2 weeks.  If I was a member of such a course, I would vote "no" on having the overpaid, whiny PGA players at my course.  So I guess this is some twisted note of congrats to JK????
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 08:59:55 AM »
It is great for the local community, it will be Dismal for me.

Michael George

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »

There is no doubt that these tournaments are great for the community.  The Bridgestone brings millions into the Akron region every year.  Akron would be in real trouble without the tournament.  The Southern Indiana region should be excited about this news.

However, it definitely impacts your enjoyment of the course.  The rough is grown for several weeks before the tournament and is usually cut after the tournament in stages, so your course will definitely play harder in the month prior and month following.  Also, the construction for grandstands and concessions is a little annoying as they usually start this process a couple of weeks before the tournament and it usually takes a week afterwards to clear them out.

Enjoy your time at Dismal. 
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back