News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

jeffwarne

Bunkers as hazards?
« on: August 14, 2011, 04:38:44 PM »
Everyone is commenting on how often players are ending up in bunkers.

Perhaps despite their untreehousepleasing aesthetics, they are well placed?

Peter Kostis just showed some slomos of bunker shots and the troubles they are causing.
Imagine that, they're hazards.

The lack of thick rough does seem to put them in play-certainly much more than one of our tricked up  US Open courses with 5 inch rough being the penalties.

I'm enjoying this event
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Dean Stokes

Re: Bunkers as hazards?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:41:40 PM »
I agree. They look awful but work. With water at the other side of almost very fairway the bunkers are very busy!
Living The Dream in The Palm Beaches....golfing, yoga-ing, horsing around and working damn it!!!!!!!

Link Walsh

Re: Bunkers as hazards?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:47:53 PM »
I agree. They look awful but work. With water at the other side of almost very fairway the bunkers are very busy!

Now, do they look awful from just the blimp view or from eye level?  Most of the tv coverage shows an elevated view of holes.  Can't say I've played it, so I don't know. 

It is nice to see the pros wince more when hitting into the bunker than in the rough though, isn't it? 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back