News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan Kelly

Is Phil Mickelson...
« on: August 11, 2011, 08:00:30 PM »
a member of this website?  I'm only a newbie, but if you saw his post round press conference he sure sounded like he is a fan of strategic golf.  He had some pretty interesting comments about the redo of AAC's Highlands course.  Am I correct in that he sounded like a true advocate of what I have been reading about and learning about on this site?

Garland Bayley

Re: Is Phil Mickelson...
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 08:24:45 PM »
No, but one would suppose he has been listening to Geoff Oglivy. Geoff of course got his attention by whipping him at Winged Foot.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Terry Lavin

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:51:06 PM »
No but he loves bashing Rees Jones. The argument is a tad hollow. He says it's too hard for regular players but fine for tour pros.

They made it that hard to keep the pros coming back. They've chosen to dance with the devil.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Sam Morrow

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 11:46:11 PM »
He didn't mention Doak so he he's not a member.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 06:20:39 AM »
Best place to go for all transcripts is ASAP Sports-Link to Thursday's comments here:

http://www.asapsports.com/show_event.php?category=4&date=2011-8-11&title=PGA+CHAMPIONSHIP
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 05:01:30 PM »
I'm just worried someone has kidnapped him and is playing this week in his place.

Phil's one of the greatest feast-or-famine players of his generation and here's a tournament that has featured more birdies and others than just about any major I've ever seen ... and yet Phil is just going along today making pars.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back