News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mac Plumart

Re: The best view in golf
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »
Speaking of sitting on benches...

18th tee box at Sebonack.  WOW!!!
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 11:37:21 AM »

THe interchangeable 17th and 18th tee boxes at Roko Ki are also incredible.

Anthony

C. Squier

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 11:39:30 AM »
The bridge at Friars Head is pretty tough to beat. 

Behind #13 green at LACC has its moments too.

Greg Tallman

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »
I'll second 16 at Port Royal and throw in...

Approach to the 11th at Port Royal
From the tee on the 13th at Mahogany Run on St. Thomas, USVI (in spite of the bad golf)
Standing on the 3rd green at Buccaneer GC on St. John USVI (in spite of the bad golf)
Approach on 16 at Cabo del Sol Ocean
From the tee on 17 at Cabo del Sol Ocean
From the tee on 7 at Cabo del Sol Ocean
From the tee on 8 at Cabo del Sol Desert

Actually the most spectaclar view I have ever seen on a golf course was at Port Royal. Standing on the 8th tee, a downhill par 3 with the ocean just behind the green. Two massive water spouts dancing about perhpas a half mile off shore just behind the green on a sunny Bermuda day. Sorry, I am not a camera kinda guy.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:47:01 AM by Greg Tallman »

Steve Lapper

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
The top view in entire golf world, IMO......

Ben's Porch at dusk!!!

Nothing else comes close
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 11:49:20 AM »
1. The first tee at Shinnecock, looking out over most of the course.
2. Ben's porch Sand Hills amazing views all round.
3. I agree with the deck at Friar's Head, they should make a docmentary about the making of that thing.

Matt Bosela

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 11:49:20 AM »
Steve Lapper just took the words from my mouth.

Ben's Porch at sunset is awe-inspiring.

Like TD, I also thought of the 17th at NGLA with that incredible view of the Peconic.

One more big moment was hitting the crest of the ridge on the Sahara hole at Old Macdonald and seeing the rest of the course in all its glory.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 11:54:35 AM »
Bully Pulpit. When the beer cart girl had to climb the step ladder to get supplies to fill the cart.   I wil pick the long par 3 at Lincoln park in SF with the Golden Gate in background. I like the hole at EastMoreland with the juxtaposition of the city scape too. There's just too many great views making them inconsequential to the golf. Rock Creek's 17th aint bad when the creek is a rag'in.  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:58:48 AM by Adam Clayman »
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Matthew Petersen

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 11:56:29 AM »
12th tee at Manele:

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 12:40:26 PM »
The bench way up above the 17th tee at Pacific Dunes looking out toward the ocean.

Another 17th is good too - the 17th tee at Bandon Dunes looking away from the hole out over the ocean saying "goodbye" to the coast.

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 01:05:53 PM »
The approach to green 9/18 at Alta Badia.

The Sassongher towering 1000 vertical meters (3000 feet) in front of you, the even higher Sella stock on the left, the snow-capped Marmolada behind you and the green sitting way below, waiting for your final iron shot of the day. To be enjoyed for only a few months a year.
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tim Leahy

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 01:36:35 PM »

LOL "Behind #13 green at LACC North". The infamous Playboy Mansion!  True story, I was playing in a matich in college against USC at LACC North while I was at Pepperdine and myself and my teammate were getting killed by the Trojans. We finnish the 13th and can hear the birds and animals over this 10 ft. fence but can't see a thing.  We are backed up on the tee anyway so my teammate says "I have got to see what's over that fence, c'mon Leahy. He takes off his golf shoes and climbs on my back and I boost him up to the top of the wall. I yell up him, "What do you see? What do you see?" He says "Another damn big wall!" They were not going to let anyone see whats going on at Hef's place.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Steve Wilson

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 02:15:37 PM »
Walking onto the 3rd tee at Dornoch.
Some days you play golf, some days you find things.

I'm not really registered, but I couldn't find a symbol for certifiable.

"Every good drive by a high handicapper will be punished..."  Garland Bailey at the BUDA in sharing with me what the better player should always remember.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 02:16:17 PM »
I think the best view is from the 17th tee at National, down past the green and along the shore of Peconic Bay.

The best view on one of my courses is from the back tee of the 5th at Cape Kidnappers ... I have never come close to a picture that captures the scale of the view down the ravine and out toward the ocean.

I remember sitting on the bench at National infront of the windmill after a kick in birdie on 16th. THat view of the water and the old clubhouse is a treasure. Went on to also birdie 17. A good memory.

Anthony

Greg Tallman

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 02:39:49 PM »
I think the best view is from the 17th tee at National, down past the green and along the shore of Peconic Bay.

The best view on one of my courses is from the back tee of the 5th at Cape Kidnappers ... I have never come close to a picture that captures the scale of the view down the ravine and out toward the ocean.

I remember sitting on the bench at National infront of the windmill after a kick in birdie on 16th. THat view of the water and the old clubhouse is a treasure. Went on to also birdie 17. A good memory.

Anthony

Hold on a minute! You had back to back birdies at NGLA? It must tryuly be an old man's course.

Joe_Tucholski

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 03:31:06 PM »
Of courses I have seen, I choose the 8th green at Pebble looking at the cliff you just carried.  That being said my computer background is a view looking out over Chambers Bay from my first attempt to play out there.  I didn't play because the course did not open due to frost.  I think the frost over the course makes for a pretty neat photo.

C. Squier

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »

LOL "Behind #13 green at LACC North". The infamous Playboy Mansion!  True story, I was playing in a matich in college against USC at LACC North while I was at Pepperdine and myself and my teammate were getting killed by the Trojans. We finnish the 13th and can hear the birds and animals over this 10 ft. fence but can't see a thing.  We are backed up on the tee anyway so my teammate says "I have got to see what's over that fence, c'mon Leahy. He takes off his golf shoes and climbs on my back and I boost him up to the top of the wall. I yell up him, "What do you see? What do you see?" He says "Another damn big wall!" They were not going to let anyone see whats going on at Hef's place.

All you have to do is walk through the hole in the hedge and you'll be pressed up against the Mansion's petting zoo. 

Patrick Hodgdon

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 03:55:09 PM »
How has there only been 2-3 pictures posted so far??? All submissions should require an accompanying photo.
Did you know World Woods has the best burger I've ever had in my entire life? I'm planning a trip back just for another one between rounds.

"I would love to be a woman golfer." -JC Jones

Eric Smith

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 04:53:42 PM »
Here you go, Patrick. Supplement to my post #24.

16 green at Pennard. The tee at the 17th is just above the flag, with the back tee to the far right of the photo.

Standing on the back tee at 17, looking towards the sea.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 05:01:37 PM »
View from the 9th tee at CB

Tim Martin

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2011, 05:12:01 PM »
7 green and 8 tee at Fishers Island

Ben Jarvis

« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2011, 08:00:39 PM »
Difficult to narrow it down to just a couple. For me, the best views (in no particular order) I've been lucky enough to come across are...

1. Cypress Point Club - 15th tee
2. Cypress Point Club - 16th tee
3. Cypress Point Club - 17th tee
4. Cypress Point Club - 9th tee (amazing panorama, looking back and down to the 13th hole)
5. TOC - 18th hole
6. Pebble Beach - 7th tee
7. Pebble Beach - 9th fairway
8. Pebble Beach - 18th tee and fairway
9. Royal Melbourne West - 5th tee (an amzing view of the par-3 5th and also to the left, the par-4 6th)

I could keep going but will stop now!

Twitter: @BennyJarvis
Instagram: @bennyj08

Steve Scott

« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 08:14:18 PM »
The 14th tee at Seminole is a great spot in amongst the sea grapes with the beach right there and the wind whipping at your back!

Bill_McBride

« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 08:15:20 PM »

Who is this really?

Don_Mahaffey

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2011, 08:32:26 PM »
its a great view already...gonna get better

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back