News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Emile Bonfiglio

Golf Digest Fans Choice..what a joke
« on: August 02, 2011, 01:09:38 PM »
Well we are just hours away from Pacific Dunes losing in the Semifinals to...Bulle Rock by a 10:1 margin. I think Golf Digest had a great idea but as with most online voting events (minus the top 10 post modern, by Jim Colton) there is alway controversy. You can check out the how the voting went down and what courses were seeded at this link.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/100-greatest-golf-courses/fans_choices

I'm just sad I didn't try and rally a few people harder to have my beloved Pumpkin Ridge take down Pebble Beach in the first round. Some clubs deserve an A+ and others an F for how they lobbied for votes from their patrons.
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

John Kavanaugh

Re: Golf Digest Fans Choice..what a joke
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 01:12:33 PM »
Well we are just hours away from Pacific Dunes losing in the Semifinals to...Bulle Rock by a 10:1 margin. I think Golf Digest had a great idea but as with most online voting events (minus the top 10 post modern, by Jim Colton) there is alway controversy. You can check out the how the voting went down and what courses were seeded at this link.

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/100-greatest-golf-courses/fans_choices

I'm just sad I didn't try and rally a few people harder to have my beloved Pumpkin Ridge take down Pebble Beach in the first round. Some clubs deserve an A+ and others an F for how they lobbied for votes from their patrons.

E,

Don't you think most people who participate in a Facebook inspired ranking of golf courses like to take a cart?  Pacific wasn't ever intended to be a favorite of the participating demo.  Thanks for the link!

Emile Bonfiglio

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 01:16:50 PM »
I didn't realize there was another post on this already http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,49148.0.html

I don't think facebook was the way to conduct this poll, but in the end its all about getting more "likes" so you can charge more money to advertisers for new kinds of impressions. Hopefully Tom will get over this defeat and be able to go on with his life.
You can follow me on twitter @luxhomemagpdx or instagram @option720

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 05:51:07 PM »
Emile:

That's a defeat?  I wouldn't have even known about it if it wasn't posted on here. 

It amazes me that GOLF DIGEST, which takes such great pride in its scrupulous course rating evaluations, would launch a parallel universe where stuffing the ballot box was the whole raison d'etre.  [Pardonnez-moi, I'm in France tonight.]  I guess they are trying to be all things to all people ... which usually leads to disaster.

Mike Benham

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 07:17:20 PM »

It's a great big golf world out there and Golf Digest would have been out of business a long time ago if it only took subscriptions from people who know who Tom Doak is ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tim Leahy

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 08:11:09 PM »
true north beat out Pebble Beach?
bulle rock over Spyglass Hill?
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back