News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rob Rigg

Re: Starting Wed, 7/20/11 - Get To Know Rob Rigg
« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2011, 12:45:27 PM »
Thanks Sean - I agree Tim, you should be good with 9.5.

We tend to advise purchasing 9.5 in TRUE if you wear a 9.5 in Adidas and Nike (so same size) and 9.5 in TRUE if you wear 9 in FJ (1/2 size larger in TRUE vs FJ).

I hope you enjoy the walk with your new TRUEs!

Mark Johnson

« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2011, 04:49:08 PM »
love the product Rob and can't wait for your hats to come out as well.

quick ?-- both of my TRUEs pairs' sole has pretty much turned green after 15 or 20 rounds.   Is there anything that can be done to prevent this?

Rob Rigg

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2011, 05:43:51 PM »
Mark - Do you have the white sole?

It is difficult to clean the soles back to white without some pretty serious chemicals so I would not recommend it. You can try to scrub down the soles to get the dirt off, but if they are green I wonder if there was some sort of reaction to chemicals used on your golf course?

If your black soles are turning green then please send me photos - that is bizarre!

If you want to send me pics at rob.rigg@truelinkswear.com I can take a look so we can figure this out.

Thanks

Joe_Tucholski

« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2011, 06:51:08 PM »
Rob what are your thoughts on the shoes that Tiger wore today at the Bridgestone Invitational?  I don't intend to be negative in anyway if it is perceived that way.

Rob Rigg

« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2011, 09:02:40 PM »
Hi Joe,

Pretty interesting timing :)

Nike have had FREE technology since 2004 and they just decided to launch a golf shoe that incorporates it . . . I think they saw the writing on the wall with where the golf footwear industry is heading in terms of lightweight/comfort/spikeless/closer to the ground and decided to hop on board. Furthermore, Sean Foley has been promoting "practicing barefoot" for quite some time because of the many benefits and was frustrated that golfers had to "cast their foot" reducing "proprioception". Obviously Tiger has enough cred to call on Nike for whatever product he wants and they need to make it. Since more natural/minimalist shoes are easier on your body it makes sense that he has something like the FREE post injury.

For TRUE it is great - to have the largest footwear company in the world validate the direction that you have taken the golf shoe is spectacular. For over 30 years Nike have been promoting the benefits of motion control technology with the Air Bags and heavy use of EVA in the midsole and their golf shoes have all had metal shanks because "the stiffer the better". They just 180'd with this shoe! That's huge! The TRUEs are much closer to the ground than the Nike TW Proto which is where "proprioception" is derived - the lower the better. Our platform is also wider. Obviously it is a bit scary to have a company with a huge marketing budget put you on notice and enter your space but if they do end up selling the FREE TW Proto to the public then a lot more people will see what Tiger is wearing and start researching golf shoes that are less structured and closer to the ground, which is brilliant for TRUE linkswear.

Steve Kline

« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2011, 06:20:35 AM »
Just from the look, Tiger's shoe looked a lot like some of the Adidas models. And I am guessing they still feel like a golf shoe because they have soft spikes.

I bought a pair of Trues about a week ago and have played seven of the last 8 days. All rounds have been on hilly courses and one day included 36 holes at the Am qualifier. I wore my new Trues every round. What a fantastic shoe! The most comfortable shoe period I have ever worn. Not one slip either. You really feel low to the ground and my foot work and balance seems especially good right now. The best part is that on my hole course there are a lot of cross hill walks that would kill my feet in traditional golf shoes because my foot would role over the sole of the shoe. This does not happen in the Trues I think because they are so wide, so light and your foot is so close the ground. It really is like walking barefoot. I will never go back to traditional golf shoes

David Harshbarger

« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2011, 08:16:49 PM »
Rob,

Hope this turns into the perfect storm for you....

Dan Patrick was talking Tiger's shoes on the radio, and apparently he's not the only one advancing that story line
Ryan's leading going into the weekend

If he can get some air time, will there ever be a better time for a crass, self-serving promo?

In all seriousness, I hope this turns out to be the bomb for you. 

Love my Trues.
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Rob Rigg

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2011, 02:48:09 AM »
David,

Thanks for the kind words - It looks like golf footwear is certainly trending in our direction.

Now we just have to stay ahead of the competition and make sure we are building a superior product.

Keep enjoying the walk in your TRUEs!

Howard Riefs

« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2012, 11:24:43 PM »
I'm looking at getting a pair of the new TRUE tour shoes. Before doing so, I want to see if anyone has already played with them and has feedback to share. Specifically, how do they differ from the previous model? Thx.

http://www.truelinkswear.com/style/
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Jim Colton

« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2012, 11:54:46 PM »
Howard,

I haven't played in them, but I have the 2012 tours and stealth. In my experience, they run 1/2 size bigger than last years (12 was perfect for me last year, 11 1/2 this year). I put last yrs vs this years stealth on either foot and the 2012's felt even closer to the ground. The tongue is noticeable different this year, the Jury is still out on how I feel about it. Ask me again in May when I can actually get on the course.

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2012, 12:00:42 AM »
Howard,

I have some of last year's Tours and a pair of this year's PHX. All are 11s. The tours are great, the PHX seem a little big.

I'm going to take a look at a store and try on some 10.5s and see how they are.

My advice would be to go to Golfsmith and try some on. I do love mine.

Sam Morrow

« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2012, 12:06:34 AM »
I've got a pair of 2011 Tours and Stealths and 2012 PHX, I love all 3. I think the PHX run a little bigger. I love Trues though, in other shoes I go between 13 4E and 14 4E and Trues in a 13 are wonderful.

Mark Provenzano

« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2012, 05:26:48 PM »
Definitely try on the PHX model for size if possible before you buy! Size 13 in a Tour or Stealth model was a definite no-go, but my size 14s in the PHX are huge--I probably should have gotten a 13.

Howard Riefs

« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
Jim, Jeff, Sam, Mark -

Thanks for the insight on the new TRUEs.  Look forward to heading over to Golfsmith to try on a few pairs.

hr
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back