News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard Choi

Re: tOfficial Colton Raffle Thread
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 12:01:23 AM »
#24 Matt Schulte, #32 Tom Dunne...

Howard Riefs

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 12:05:56 AM »
1 hour and a few beers in, I've resided to the fact that I'm not winning anything. 

Back to the mock draft...
"Golf combines two favorite American pastimes: Taking long walks and hitting things with a stick."  ~P.J. O'Rourke

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 12:09:25 AM »
1 hour and a few beers in, I've resided to the fact that I'm not winning anything. 

I expect a 12 pack down by midnight.

JC Jones

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 12:18:18 AM »

When are you coming to northern MI?  I guarantee more than that.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Richard Choi

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 12:26:24 AM »
70 goes to McBride. 72 goes to Wyatt. About 25 or so GCA members won various numbers. My bro won #60.

JC you can go to sleep. U didn't win jack...

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2011, 12:30:00 AM »
Woody Paige has got to be in play at 72.

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2011, 12:32:21 AM »

When are you coming to northern MI?  I guarantee more than that.

With the two 9 dayers, not soon enough.

Doug Wright

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2011, 12:35:13 AM »

Hey Wyatt if there's room for 2 with Woody count me in!
Twitter: @Deneuchre

JC Jones

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2011, 12:44:05 AM »
70 goes to McBride. 72 goes to Wyatt. About 25 or so GCA members won various numbers. My bro won #60.

JC you can go to sleep. U didn't win jack...

No surprise.  I've never won a thing.  There could be 499 prizes and 500 people and I'd be the one left standing.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Wyatt Halliday

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2011, 12:53:55 AM »

Hey Wyatt if there's room for 2 with Woody count me in!
Consider it done Doug.

Michael George

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2011, 01:13:11 AM »

Tonight was like standing at a craps table and playing my standard 5 and 9s.  The dice keep coming up 6 and 8 and the entire table is winning except me.  Then 7 out. 

Damn fun being at the table and well worth losing the bet to have that action.

Great job by Jim and others tonight.  As I am married with 5 kids, it made my standard stay at home, watch Harry Potter movie for 10th time *with my sons) Saturday night a lot more interesting. 
"First come my wife and children.  Next comes my profession--the law. Finally, and never as a life in itself, comes golf" - Bob Jones

Richard Choi

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2011, 01:17:34 AM »
Sims is drunk and running around naked....

JC Jones

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2011, 01:18:29 AM »
Sims is drunk and running around naked....

Good for him.  He deserves it!

Richard Choi

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2011, 01:34:45 AM »
Sims will be forever be known as The Deuce.

Now Sims is drunk texting everybody.

Jim Colton

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2011, 02:28:54 AM »
All the e-mails have been sent to the prize winners, so if you didn't receive one than I'm sorry but you didn't win. At least you helped raised over $105,000 for a great cause. Thanks for your support to everybody who donated to the cause and helped spread the word, and thanks to everybody who had to endure the numerous updates as this thing exploded.

Carl Nichols

« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2011, 07:12:01 AM »
I'm in the 41-50 range (don't know what my number was/is, so don't know what pick I have exactly.) Any predictions for what will be left?

Jim Colton

« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2011, 08:04:07 AM »
Sorry to burst your bubble, but prizes are non-transferrable, except to go back to raise more money for the Cox family. In the case that items or spots in a prize open up, I will coordinate with the original prize winner to make that happen. Likely these secondary auctions will only be available to people who donated the first time.

I'm sorry to come down hard on this, but I don't want to see these rounds bartered around on GCA or elsewhere. That runs the risk of these private clubs at worst pulling their prize altogether or at a minimum being less receptive to donating in the future. I hope you understand.

I also seriously hope that people don't pull a "I'll take you to mine if you take me to yours" with other prize winners. (which is exactly why i used codes and didnt want Choi broadcasting winners during the raffle) To me, that's leveraging your prize to get yourself even more golf. In my opinion, stick to the list of 2-8 guys that pop into your head when you found out you won. If you can't fill out a group on your prize from that initial list, then perhaps that's an indication that you should donate a spot or prize back to Cox family to find a higher use.

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »
Jim:

Fantastic again, sir.  To have handled the ENTIRE affair, raffle included, really speaks to your dedication to the Cox family and your great cause.  Thanks again for thinking of this and for conducting it in such a first-class manner.

I hope your winners act as graciously as you have.  I'm sure they will.

WW

Ian Andrew

« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2011, 10:07:43 AM »
Jim,

Congratulations on a wonderful job.
You have made a difference - and that's what matters most.

I can't think of anything I've enjoyed as much as watching this event take on a life of its own.

Jim Nelson

« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 10:44:52 AM »
Jim:
Many have said it and I will continue to express appreciation for what you have done.  It has been nothing short of amazing and inspirational.  From the initial concept, to the actual 155 holes to the fun of waiting out the raffle, it has all been fantastic.  Raising almost $110,000 for Ben Cox must make you proud, along with all that contributed.

But it is not just about the money.  Your emotional and spiritual support has certainly lifted the Cox family at times when they most needed it.  From the Fathers Day outing to visiting them in their home, all certainly made a big difference.  There are many ways we can all continue that support.  I plan on stopping out and visiting Ben and his family on one of my trips to Ballyneal and I encourage others to do the same if the family so desires.  I think there are other ways people can show support like old fashioned notes and letters.

Jim, how do you think this can best be accomplished?  I am sure there will be times when they would prefer not to have visitors, but then, maybe I'm wrong on that.  Please let us know how you think this should best be handled and if there is a way for us to contact Ben be it email or regular mail.

Again, thanks for all you've done.

Jim   
I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.  This makes it hard to plan the day.  E. B. White

Scott Szabo

« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2011, 11:27:42 AM »
Jim Nelson, well said.  The amount of time and energy spent by JC, not only during the 155 holes, but coordinating the pledges all the way through finalizing the raffle, has been nothing short of phenomenal.  Hopefully he can relax now and enjoy his golf, and score that elusive victory over Jimbo.  Something tells me today is going to be his day! 
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

Jim Colton

« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »
AS thru 12 against the Tang bros. I've been a spectator

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2011, 02:30:24 PM »
My obvious and prosaic attempt at pandering:

Congratulations, Mr. Sims. A man of your cunning, bravery and ruggedly handsome good looks deserves even more good fortune.

We should get together for a game sometime soon.

Ditto to you Mr. Halliday, and everyone in between. ;D
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »
Sims will be forever be known as The Deuce.

Thank goodness. Whitaker once labelled me as such after watching my double-gloved swing.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2011, 08:13:23 AM »
Kavanaugh wins #6.

I have been fortunate to receive many gifts on the close to ten years I have spent on this site.  Perhaps the greatest gift is an appreciation of writing that I never had before.  The above statement "Kavanaugh wins #6." says more with less than a Flemmaesque word painting ever could.  Sims warrants four, Young gets three and then I get none.  A more beautiful lack of exclamation marks has never been used, or not.  I know I have clouds in my coffee but I would have loved to have been in that room. 

Let's get this picking started!!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back