News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Beaulieu

My Visit To Cabot Links
« on: June 05, 2011, 03:08:09 PM »
Last Monday (May 30) I was lucky enough to get a quick tour of Cabot Links in Inverness, NS, by GCA's own Ben Cowan-Dewar.

The smile is still on my face.

Disclaimer: I have never been to any of the classic Scottish links courses. My only exposure to them is via television and photography. Nor am I anything other than an armchair architect.

But having said all that, I have to think that this course will not disappoint in any respect. What Ben and co. are doing there is just so impressive, and the results are jaw-dropping. To stand on a tee box on top of a dune that is a few feet from a beach that seems to run forever in either direction, with the ocean sparkling and the green of the course spreading out in all directions, broken only by patches of gorse bush and the occasional bunker, it is not hard to think that you are indeed in Scotland and not Nova Scotia. Simply stunning.

I hope to have a more full report to post in a while.

George Pazin

Re: My Visit To Cabot Links
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:01:03 AM »
I hope to have a more full report to post in a while.

Looking forward to it, thanks. Did you take any pics?
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 10:04:06 AM »
Is it actually bordered by gorse bush?  You didn't mention if there was any yellow mixed with the blue and green.   ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Greg Beaulieu

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 08:49:17 PM »

No (hangs head in shame). My camera was packed away in my suitcase and I forgot to fetch it before meeting with Ben.

Greg Beaulieu

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 08:53:07 PM »
Is it actually bordered by gorse bush?  You didn't mention if there was any yellow mixed with the blue and green.   ;) ;D

Honestly, I can't recall. There were bushes there that looked like what I see on Scottish links courses. Whether it was actually gorse or a North American imposter I will leave to others to determine.

Richard Choi

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 11:39:19 PM »

No (hangs head in shame). My camera was packed away in my suitcase and I forgot to fetch it before meeting with Ben.

:)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back