News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: Is golf becoming just business in Scotland?
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2011, 03:22:50 PM »
I can separate ridiculous U.S. foreign policy from the friends I have there. Shouldn't you exile yourself from the U.S. based on your thoughts about Scotland? Not like the U.S. didn't look the other way on Libya, as shown above.
What a ridiculous thing to bring into this discussion.

Seriously, this Western Gailles discussion comes to the heart of issues in the UK and Ireland. Tourism is central to supporting most of the world's great links and frankly it is time they recognized that some degree of customer service is important to how they operate.

Robert,

Are you a Canadian citizen?  Boycott the U.S. if you choose.  I'm sorry that I do not believe trading a terrorist for an oil deal is silly. 

Robert,

I understand how much more difficult it would be for someone in your position to care.  I could not expect a golf blogger to ignore such a vital region.  Within days of Scotland releasing the terrorist both I and many others called for a boycott of the 2010 Open held at St. Andrews.  We were told not to worry as he would be long dead by then.  He is still living a comfortable life at home.

Directly related to my boycott I am leaving within the hour on a tour of golf starting in Omaha and ending in Denver.  I don't understand why anyone would rather go anywhere else.  In the last year I have also amassed one of the finest private collections of Kentucky Bourbon known to exist.  This boycott has improved my life ten fold.  Who would have known social engineering could be so profitable. It's great to be good.

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2011, 03:25:26 PM »
John - Firstly Lockerbie was terrible, but if you think there is a relevance between goverments releasing a terroist and the golf course's of Scotland then your head is deeply pickled with something strange. We can all pick holes in what singular people may do wrongly but  sane people dont punish everyone.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2011, 03:28:11 PM »
Gary - fair point about third party aspects, but the voucher would be still be okay.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2011, 03:28:23 PM »
John - Firstly Lockerbie was terrible, but if you think there is a relevance between goverments releasing a terroist and the golf course's of Scotland then your head is deeply pickled with something strange. We can all pick holes in what singular people may do wrongly but  sane people dont punish everyone.

Adrian,

I am the only one being punished by my boycott.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2011, 03:42:09 PM »
The weather is the major obstacle for me starting the process to convince the better half about the "necessity" of going to Scotland to tee it up.

Carl, I've been to the UK 12 times for golf and have played in a light rain 3 or 4 days total in those trips.

We played in a heavier rain 4 days in March at Bandon Dunes during the Kings Putter, in one trip!

I have found the weather to be not a problem but guess I've been lucky.

Shane Wright

« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2011, 06:09:34 PM »
The weather is the major obstacle for me starting the process to convince the better half about the "necessity" of going to Scotland to tee it up.

Carl, I've been to the UK 12 times for golf and have played in a light rain 3 or 4 days total in those trips.

We played in a heavier rain 4 days in March at Bandon Dunes during the Kings Putter, in one trip!

I have found the weather to be not a problem but guess I've been lucky.

Carl, I've been 4 times and it hasn't affected one round.  I've seen 70 mph+ on a day that I didn't have golf scheduled, but other than that,  I guess I've been pretty lucky.  But to use weather is something you will regret for life.  Where there is a will, there is a way.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back