News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Niall Hay

Do you know of any companies (or enthusiastic GCAers with the required skills) who would offer the ability to do CGI versions of proposed renovations to an existing golf course? Bunkering, tee and some green work are part of proposed project to update/renovate a Golden Age design. It would be used in the presentation to get a full scale project passed by the Board/membership. In the past have seen some work by Nicholas Campanelli (Golf Digest's Armchair Architect contest winner) and several others on the site.  The visuals  would need to be as detailed as possible in order to give the members the best possible idea as to what relatively minor tweaks would do to an already great golf course. Any insight and/or additional thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Greg Holland

Re: Computer-Generated Imagery (CGI) for Golf Course Architecture
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 04:19:48 PM »
Mike Jones posts on here sometimes -- I believe he was a golf pro, and he has designed some amazing courses for the Microsoft Links game, and he has worked with architects as well for presentations regarding reall courses or concepts.  He has a website, but I do not know the url.

Niall Hay

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »
Thanks Greg.

Davis Wildman

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 05:01:45 PM »
Niall,

Look up Andrew Harris, www.hkgolf.co.uk...I met him at the Golf Industry Show this past year in Orlando...their work is very good, also.

Niall Hay

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 05:06:55 PM »
Thanks Davis.

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 05:30:31 PM »
Don't know if Eric Dorsey is still around lurking, but he just emailed me today and does fantastic 3D stuff.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

MikeJones

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 06:48:40 PM »
I'm still lurking and learning here at GCA. Mostly lurking ;D

Andrew Harris

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
I am a little late in joining this thread, but I thought I would say hello anyway - this is my first GCA post!

Davis - Thanks for throwing my name into the mix!

Jim Colton

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »
I'm still lurking and learning here at GCA. Mostly lurking ;D

I had no idea Mike Jones was on this site! Welcome Mike. You guys should see some of the stuff he's built for Links Golf (which still has a pretty strong cult following).

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back