News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark Saltzman

Re: Seattle GCA'ers
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2011, 02:13:11 PM »
Are there still spots open at CB?  I was scheduled to play at CB July 17 at 836 am?  Is that about when everyone is going?

Richard Choi

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »
Hi Mark,

I haven't reserved the tee times yet. But I will do so this week.

If you are looking to play 36 holes, 8:36 is going to cut it pretty close...

Kalen Braley

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »
Hi Mark,

I haven't reserved the tee times yet. But I will do so this week.

If you are looking to play 36 holes, 8:36 is going to cut it pretty close...

Richard

In July, Sunset comes pretty late.  I would hope 12+ hrs is enough time to get two rounds in or Chambers has some serious pace of play issues!  ;)

Sunday   
        17 July 2011          Pacific Daylight Time         

SUN
        Begin civil twilight       4:53 a.m.                 
        Sunrise                    5:31 a.m.                 
        Sun transit                1:16 p.m.                 
        Sunset                     9:00 p.m.                 
        End civil twilight         9:38 p.m.                 

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2011, 05:37:22 PM »
Rich,

I'm with Kalen on this one, I thought teeing off at 8:30 would give me tons of time for 36.  I had figured for $200+ pace would be reasonable.  No?  Should I be preparing myself for a Bethpage-esque six hour round?

Sean Leary

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011, 05:56:05 PM »
Rich,

I'm with Kalen on this one, I thought teeing off at 8:30 would give me tons of time for 36.  I had figured for $200+ pace would be reasonable.  No?  Should I be preparing myself for a Bethpage-esque six hour round?

Depends on the day but plan for at least a 5 hour round..I have 6-8 rounds there and never been under 5 hours.

Richard Choi

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2011, 06:19:48 PM »
Here is the deal.

They have grown the rough to US Open length right now I believe to test out how the conditions are like in mid-June. At some places the rough is almost knee length. I have seen several balls just off the fairway just disappear.

This is causing some serious pace-of-play issues. And the pace-of-play was a problem even before they grew the rough. I would hope that by July they would cut it back, but who knows?

6 hour round is not out of the question right now. I just played 9 holes on Sat (starting at 11:30 AM) that took close to 3 hours.

All of my rounds this year has been around 4 hours there, but I usually tee off within first 4 or 5 groups of the day. If you want to make sure you get full 36 in, you may want to tee off at 7:30 or earlier.

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2011, 06:32:25 PM »
Rich,

Thanks for the heads-up.  Very useful information.

Do you know what time you gentlemen are planning on playing?

Richard Choi

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2011, 06:38:17 PM »
I was thinking around 8:30 to 9:00 initially since I thought we were only playing 1 round.

If we are playing two, we should start around 7:30 AM.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2011, 06:46:09 PM »
Rich,

I will not be wanting to play two rounds on July 17th. If Kalen wants to play two, I would be happy to play him in the second round. ;D
But, I suspect for the "heavyweight" match we should play the first of two rounds if some of you guys are going two rounds.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2011, 06:55:47 PM »
Rich,

I will not be wanting to play two rounds on July 17th. If Kalen wants to play two, I would be happy to play him in the second round. ;D
But, I suspect for the "heavyweight" match we should play the first of two rounds if some of you guys are going two rounds.

I'm only in for the 1st round on Sunday.  I'd like to get home at a half way decent hour as its a 4.5 hr drive back to Spokane.

Besides, after Garland gets beat badly, I doubt he'll be up for a 2nd drubbing!  ;D

P.S.  Any thoughts on a Sat afternoon round?  Olympic Gold looks good to me.

Peter_Herreid

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2011, 07:03:27 PM »
Little thing called the USGA Junior Am at Gold Mountain then...

Just chiming in to say that the Olympic Course at Gold Mountain was in terrific shape ten days ago.  Very much worth the visit over there, but obviously that weekend is out...

Kalen Braley

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 07:16:30 PM »
Bummer deal, but good for the kids!

Any other recommendations for a Sat afternoon round? 

Sean Leary

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 07:19:57 PM »
KB,

The Home Course is good and inexpensive.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
KB,

The Home Course is good and inexpensive.

Thanks Sean,

I'll look that one up.

Kalen

Peter_Herreid

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »
Second Sean's suggestion of the Home Course...staying in that same general area, the Classic Golf Club in Spanaway is another low-cost but usually well-conditioned and entertaining track to play.  Not sure if it's still owned and run by Ryan Moore's family...

Mark Saltzman

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2011, 07:31:11 PM »
Rich et. al. please do not alter your schedule to fit mine. 

If you guys want to tee-off 730, that's good by me, but I am also happy to tee off around 830.  If time permits I can try for 36, but if not, oh well.  And, this is all IF you have any available slots in your group.  If not, I can keep my original time and hopefully catch you guys after the round for a beverage (OK, a beer).

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back