News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Wall

Seattle GCA'ers
« on: May 17, 2011, 05:38:11 PM »
Who wants to play Sunday?

IM me or post here.

Jordan Wall

Re: Seattle GCA'ers
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 03:13:38 PM »
BUMP

Sean Leary

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 03:19:46 PM »
Would but can't make it I don't think...

Richard Choi

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:30:56 PM »
Looks like Sun weather is iffy. I am going to try to get out Sat, but I can be enticed to play :)

BTW, any interest in having a Seattle GCA get together at Chambers in July? If we play Sun, we can get County rates.

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 03:56:48 PM »
Richard,

If you make it for Sunday, July 17th then I could probably make it.

Craig

PS.   Today is the 31st anniversary of Mt. St. Helens blowing her top.. I was there and remember it well.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:59:03 PM by Craig Edgmand »

Richard Choi

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 04:05:18 PM »
How about June 5th?

Jordan Wall

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 04:57:45 PM »
Richard:  Brent brought up the possibility of Chambers but even their twilight rates a bit extreme, at least on a college budget.  I'd like to get out with both of you if we could find a cheaper [but still fun] alternative.  It's $30 for a twilight round with cart and gps at Kayak.

For all of you who read that and feel like bitching about a 21 year old riding a cart - go for it!  I'll take a cart and gps any day  ;)

Best,
Jordan

Kalen Braley

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 05:10:38 PM »
Richard,

A mid-July Chambers Bay trip would be at least feasible for my friend and I.  We've been wanting to play it for awhile now and an informal GCA event would be the perfect excuse to give the wife! :)

If we came over, we'd like to try at least two maybe three courses. What else is a must play in the Seattle area on the public side?

Thanks,

Kalen

Richard Choi

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 05:16:48 PM »
Sounds good. I think I can do July 17th. Let me coordinate with Brent and let me start a formal thread.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 07:24:58 PM »
What's this about county rates, and a possible GRUDGE MATCH?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Richard Choi

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 07:41:02 PM »
Brent Carlson and I both have purchased the annual pass for Chambers Bay (it is my official home course now, YAY!). One of the benefits of having the pass is that my guests pay the County Resident rates on Sun-Thu.

For a July round, that is a difference between paying $105 instead of $205 on Sunday (or $95 for Thu). Not a bad deal.

Sean Leary

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 07:58:01 PM »
$205 now? Yikes.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 07:58:16 PM »
Kalen,

Gold Mountain Olympic is the second choice in the Seattle area for publics.

How's a GRUDGE MATCH against me at Chambers as Richard's guests sound as an excuse to your wife?

Richard,

Do you think you could put up with such shenanigans? Do you think you can make outlandish rules pronouncements to go along with it?
Like, "If you stroke that putt out of turn, you forfeit the match!"?
;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Ted Harris

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 08:01:44 PM »
Brent Carlson and I both have purchased the annual pass for Chambers Bay (it is my official home course now, YAY!). One of the benefits of having the pass is that my guests pay the County Resident rates on Sun-Thu.

For a July round, that is a difference between paying $105 instead of $205 on Sunday (or $95 for Thu). Not a bad deal.

I would be interested in meeting up almost any day in July for a Chambers outing if there is space for a Vancouver GCA'er

Kalen Braley

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 08:03:17 PM »
Kalen,

Gold Mountain Olympic is the second choice in the Seattle area for publics.

How's a GRUDGE MATCH against me at Chambers as Richard's guests sound as an excuse to your wife?

Richard,

Do you think you could put up with such shenanigans? Do you think you can make outlandish rules pronouncements to go along with it?
Like, "If you stroke that putt out of turn, you forfeit the match!"?
;)

Sounds good to me, can't think of a better venue. And as Richards guests that would be a terrific value.

Duly noted on Gold Mountain Olympic, I'll look into that as well as I'm guessing that wouldn't be on the mini GCA event itinerary.

P.S.  Richard, how many "guests" are you allowed?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 08:05:08 PM by Kalen Braley »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 09:56:39 PM »
Richard,

If you don't want the Kalen and Garland circus to contend with at Chambers Bay, that's OK, because we are eventually going to take it to the General Grant and General Harney courses.
;)

Brent Carlson

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 12:14:18 AM »
As Richard stated you are all welcome to contact him or me when in the area.  I am always up for golf with GCAers, and Chambers is in great shape.  Richard, that is a great idea for a mini-event on July 17th.  Can you say Northwest Niblick?  8)

Jordan Wall

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »
Richard:

Which size brush tee do you use and is it possible to purchase them in pink?

Best,
Jordan

Richard Choi

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 03:29:17 PM »
Jordan, I get the biggest I can get since I need all the help...

I believe Brent and I can each host 3 players so we can get 6 people. Based on responses so far, I think we can fill those spots. If we need more, I can talk to the head pro and see if we can get a deal extended.

Grudge Match 2 is fine by me. Doesn't bother me to watch a couple of guys hack out of weeds/sand all day... :)

Jordan Wall

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 03:30:46 PM »
Do we have times yet?

Mike Benham

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »
$205 now? Yikes.

That is the USGA/PGA Tour "Public Golf Course" pricing phenomenon:

Torrey Pines:  $ 229 weekends NR

Harding Park:  $ 170 weekends NR

Bethpage Black:  $ 150 weekends NR
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Garland Bayley

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2011, 08:11:29 PM »
$205 now? Yikes.

Nope, it was priced high from the get go. If anything, it may have come down some.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2011, 08:13:07 PM »

I believe Brent and I can each host 3 players so we can get 6 people. Based on responses so far, I think we can fill those spots. If we need more, I can talk to the head pro and see if we can get a deal extended.

Grudge Match 2 is fine by me. Doesn't bother me to watch a couple of guys hack out of weeds/sand all day... :)

Richard,

Have you played the course? I hear they have wide fairways there. That ought to provide a little help to the Cookie Monster.

Sean Leary

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2011, 12:41:34 AM »
$205 now? Yikes.

Nope, it was priced high from the get go. If anything, it may have come down some.

Chambers was never that high until this year. Peak was $170 last year...

Garland Bayley

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 12:32:21 PM »

Kalen and I are committed to join you on July 17th for the rematch of the "heavyweights".

Just keep that Wall character away. ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back