News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Kavanaugh

Re: July 1-3 Outing at Dismal River
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2011, 09:32:07 AM »
Wow, with fish that friendly who needs women.

Eric Smith

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011, 02:39:43 PM »
We're two weeks out from the 5th Major - who's getting excited?

If any other GCAers would like to get out to Dismal over the 4th of July weekend, I'd be happy to add you to the guest list. Just need to know asap.

For those of you meeting in Denver on 6/30, I should be at the Enterprise desk sometime around 9AM. Mac has rented a second Suburban as well, though I'm not sure which agency. Mac? Looking forward to seeing / meeting everyone.

Any questions / comments?

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011, 10:43:49 PM »
Eric - when we get there, with whom should we check in?

And, yes, I'm really excited!

Chris Johnston

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 12:23:25 AM »
For those who venture out for the 5th Major, I have fun surprise to share with you.  Trust me, it will be worth the trek for a first look at something very special.  You don't want to miss this opportunity to say you were there...at the inaugural 5th Major at Dismal River.  An no, there is no prize for guessing - you have to be here.

Dan - just come up to the clubhouse and ask for CJ or Greg "Lumpy" Dennis.  Or, just proceed to the hospitality desk in the pro shop.  I really look forward to meeting all the GCAers and Lounge Lizards in person.  The course is in exceptional condition, and is like nothing many of you have ever seen before in this country.  The beer is already on ice!  Great golf, great food, great friends.

Eric - My friend, that is quite a trophy.  Have I mentioned I need a handicap adjustment?

John - Mullen has an exquisite fireworks show plus cow pattie bingo.  Bring the in-laws!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 07:58:58 AM by Chris Johnston »

Mac Plumart

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 07:12:44 AM »
Eric...to your question about when I'll be at the car rental place.  I think around 9, like you, I think Hertz.  But I don't know for sure.  But I'll be around there somewhere and I've got two open spots in the vehicle if anyone needs a ride.  Simply pop me a PM to set it up.
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

JC Jones

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2011, 08:34:35 AM »
For those who venture out for the 5th Major, I have fun surprise to share with you.  Trust me, it will be worth the trek for a first look at something very special.  You don't want to miss this opportunity to say you were there...at the inaugural 5th Major at Dismal River.  An no, there is no prize for guessing - you have to be here.

Dan - just come up to the clubhouse and ask for CJ or Greg "Lumpy" Dennis.  Or, just proceed to the hospitality desk in the pro shop.  I really look forward to meeting all the GCAers and Lounge Lizards in person.  The course is in exceptional condition, and is like nothing many of you have ever seen before in this country.  The beer is already on ice!  Great golf, great food, great friends.

Eric - My friend, that is quite a trophy.  Have I mentioned I need a handicap adjustment?

John - Mullen has an exquisite fireworks show plus cow pattie bingo.  Bring the in-laws!

Oh, you're such a tease.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Chris Johnston

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2011, 08:39:01 AM »

Oh, you're such a tease.
[/quote]

Jason - Better change plans and get out here!

A clue:  The surprise is a new item on the menu...quite an entree!

Adam Clayman

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 10:22:30 AM »
My surprise for all the boys,  has withdrawn her entry. Citing job requirements, but I know it's the new beau.  ;)

I won't be able to replace Kenz, unless her Mom wants to play.  ;D

It will still be a great time had by all who attend.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Chris Johnston

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 10:27:19 AM »
My surprise for all the boys,  has withdrawn her entry. Citing job requirements, but I know it's the new beau.  ;)

Adam - come up and be my partner!

Eric Smith

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2011, 12:20:29 PM »
Chris,

Did you notice the ship to name on the FedEx air bill? ;D We used to drink beer out of that thing. Then it began rusting inside. JC's right, enough teasing already!

Mac,

There will be 8 of us meeting in Denver so we should split into 4's for the ride to Ballyneal. Some of the guys have asked to stop and play Wild Horse on Friday morning, I don't really want to though, but if say 4 decide they would like to, then the other 4 could just cruise on to Dismal.

JC Jones

« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2011, 02:21:11 PM »
Ass-hats.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Ron Csigo

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2011, 03:27:08 PM »
Ass-hats.

Stop hating especially when you're currently down in Hilton Head playing quality golf.
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Chris Johnston

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2011, 03:45:49 PM »
Chris,

Did you notice the ship to name on the FedEx air bill? ;D We used to drink beer out of that thing. Then it began rusting inside. JC's right, enough teasing already!

E - I did notice and have arranged for crickets in your room ;D

I ain't teasing - we have new and wonderful entree on the menu.  The Chefs have been very busy, and one of the guest chefs is working hard today.  Seems I'm allergic to the recipies as I'm sneezing more than normal.  Not teasing - I just don't want to make Jason pout :'(  Those who will be here will see something unique and yummy.

Eric Smith

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »

Great! I will use them for bait down at the trout pond. And what's this about a handicap adjustment? Has anyone in the world played more rounds at Dismal than you over the past year? :-X I didn't think so. ;D

Anthony Gray

« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2011, 06:47:37 PM »

I know of a good clinic you can go to for 12 weeks Adam.

Anthony

Chris Johnston

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2011, 07:43:42 PM »

Great! I will use them for bait down at the trout pond. And what's this about a handicap adjustment? Has anyone in the world played more rounds at Dismal than you over the past year? :-X I didn't think so. ;D

I guess I've certainly played both courses at Dismal River more than anyone.  Green speeds are wildly different between the two these days.  Still need an adjustment - spending too much time with the Chefs these days.

Eric Smith

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2011, 08:40:37 PM »

I guess I've certainly played both courses at Dismal River more than anyone.  Green speeds are wildly different between the two these days.  Still need an adjustment - spending too much time with the Chefs these days.

Time to step out of the kitchen??

JC Jones

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2011, 09:00:43 PM »

I know of a good clinic you can go to for 12 weeks Adam.

Anthony

A sight for sore eyes

Chris Johnston

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »

Time to step out of the kitchen??

I don't have the honor on that tee -  I have deferred to the Chefs.   They are very busy preparing the meal.  Only they can announce "dinner is served".  I do believe we are serving Green Jell-O for dessert.  The menu is exquisite!

Adam - you ducking me, Pards?  The Commish said I could have a few extra pops!

Adam Clayman

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2011, 09:25:02 PM »
Chris, Not ducking, just been out all day. I would love to be your pardner. I have a few invites out to take Mckenzie's spot, if they don't pan out, I'm in to be your partner.

Also, I have not forgotten to call up there, I've just been out of town for a couple weeks. Will be back in the swing of things this week.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Chris Johnston

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2011, 11:36:54 PM »
Chris, Not ducking, just been out all day. I would love to be your pardner. I have a few invites out to take Mckenzie's spot, if they don't pan out, I'm in to be your partner.

Also, I have not forgotten to call up there, I've just been out of town for a couple weeks. Will be back in the swing of things this week.

Awesome!  Keep me posted.  Look forward to seeing you and everyone.  Things are coming along nicely.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2011, 10:43:36 AM »
Gentlemen, Went out to DR yesterday. It was hot, windy and green. The recent rains have made the entire region look like a European Tour televised course. (Just kidding)

But even with the surrounds green, the course played firm.

I took an adventurous route up to DR from Ogallala. It made the drive up 97 from North platte look dull. It was on the Tucker Ranch road. 
The number of blow outs and their proximity to the road was a gca geek's delight. I would not recco the road in a car. You need a vehicle that can handle the vagaries of the wild region. Plus, you might want to bring survival supplies. You never know when you might have to wait 3 days for a herd of Buffalo to pass. (J/K again). But, on the way there, we talked about the heartiness of the settlers in the region. Even some modern anecdotes of how the the only thing residents made sure to have with then, when traveling out in this open country, was a pack of matches. Just in case there was a prairie fire, so they could set a back fire to protect themselves.

It looks like Friday is going to be ideal weather. 84, which beats the 90+ of yesterday and the 100+ of today. The weekend will also be nice with temps in the high 80's.

Bring your A game and start hydrating.

Chris Johnston

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2011, 12:01:52 PM »
Adam:

Sorry I missed you - I was over at Sand Hills.  The 5th Major is right around the corner!  The beer is on ice and the course is in terrific shape. 

This event should be an abosolute hoot.

Just wait until you see my new driver...truly one of a kind.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2011, 01:19:04 PM »
Chris, look forward to seeing the club, frequently.

Couple of shots from yesterday.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2011, 06:23:19 PM »
we're staged & ready to go here in N. Platte!

Been to Sutton Bay and the Black Hills, and Dismal river will be great!

PS -- The area south of Alliance along US385 would be a great site for a great course!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:26:08 PM by Dan Herrmann »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back