News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Ward

Re: Philly Area GCAer's
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 02:21:29 PM »
Sam:

Check out Scotland Run in Williamstown in Gloucester County (NJ). Nicely done layout by Kay and you will likely get a good price deal now rather than high season.

In regards to execiutive course offerings - I defer to Joe and JNC in that regard. ;D

Anton

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 03:29:37 PM »
Scotland Run has had some rough conditions the past couple yrs.  I played last season and was VERY shocked at the condition and the price they were asking.  Bunkers were caving in, fairways were chewed up, and the greens were not rolling true at all.  It is a fun layout and definitely a course where the better player can go low, but for 125 in June with pretty sparse conditions I wouldn't send an out of towner there.  The last 3 yrs have been hard on that course.  I think $$$$ is being put into that awesome clubhouse instead of the course. 
“I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted”

Tom Dunne

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 03:36:27 PM »
Glen Mills is about an hour from that part of south Jersey and is one of the best green fees you'll ever pay.

Joe Bausch

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 04:16:52 PM »
Sam, if you happen to be out in the Malvern area, you have some restaurants my wife and I have penned reviews:

http://malvern.patch.com/columns/the-dining-duo

And if out that way, if you can get on Applebrook (Hanse), you'd likely be very satisfied.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Kyle Harris

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2011, 04:42:41 PM »
Scotland Run has had some rough conditions the past couple yrs.  I played last season and was VERY shocked at the condition and the price they were asking.  

Last summer was hard on many courses. Not sure I'd rely on how things looked in August anywhere to make a judgment now. Add Macullough's to the list of the Twisted Dune/AC area.

Inniscrone is just as far as Wyncote and while probably not in the greatest of shape is a much more wild design. Not sure where you play most of your golf, but if you've played any of the better Ault/Clark courses, you should probably skip Wyncote and try somewhere else.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 04:45:08 PM by Kyle Harris »

Karl Bernetich

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
Might want to consider this ...
 Vineyards Golf at Renault Resort

Tim Martin

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 11:06:16 PM »
Sam, if you happen to be out in the Malvern area, you have some restaurants my wife and I have penned reviews:

http://malvern.patch.com/columns/the-dining-duo

And if out that way, if you can get on Applebrook (Hanse), you'd likely be very satisfied.

Joe-Do you ever sleep? I didn`t know you were also a food critic. How the hell do you stay so trim?

Matt_Ward

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 12:17:24 PM »
Tony:

Thanks for the heads-up on Scotland Run -- if turf issues are present then the prices charged certainly argue for a no visit by any person.

If I had to recommend another public play option Vineyard at Renault as mentioned already by Karl is a good one -- nearby you have Sea Oaks and if someone wants a history lesson of a fine course by George Fazio -- they can play Ocean County at Atlantis.

Since the visit will be to Cherry Hill -- visiting PA and a few of the public layouts there might be worthwhile. Getting to Lederach isn't that far so a possible drive there may be worth the time. Although early in the season turf growth is always a questionmark.

Anton

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 12:38:24 PM »
Oh yeah.  Vineyard Golf is one I always forget about.  That is a fun course and definitely unique for S. Jersey.  7th hole from the tips is a bear. 
“I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted”

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »
Tim Martin,
Joe Bausch is the fastest walking golfer with whom I've ever played.   If it weren't for carts slowing him down, he'd play in 3 hours - giving him lots of time for his journalism.  Melvyn would love him and probably make Joe an honorary Scotsman :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back