News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Campanelli

Montaup CC (RI) Architect?
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:45:13 PM »
I have a quick and simple question...who is credited with the design of Montaup CC in Portsmouth, RI?  I'm not finding anything in my searches. 

New England Golf Season 2K11 began today.  Who's pumped....this guy! 
Landscape Architect  //  Golf Course Architect

Willie_Dow

Re: Montaup CC (RI) Architect?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:44:01 AM »
Just a guess, but with Fall River, Milton-Hoosic, and New Bedford being similar in time and character, I'd vote Willie Park, Jr.

hick

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:08:20 PM »
Nick, How was it, and did they have temp greens.

Nick Campanelli

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 01:40:06 PM »
Minus the 30mph winds, it was a good time.  First time playing Montaup, and I was pleasantly surprised by the routing.  Its too bad Route 24 can be heard everywhere on the course.  Holes 5, 6, 11, 14, and 16 are very memorable.  They are using their greens, but pins are tucked in corners.  How about Wanumatonomy?  Any unusual damage through the winter?

hick

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 02:25:25 PM »
It was windy on Aquidneck island saturday. Things looks pretty good at wanumetonomy. I'll ask my pro who the architect was at Montaup.

Tim Martin

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 02:53:23 PM »
Mat and Nick-Your neighbor just to the south, Shenecossett, came away virtually unscathed after the brutal conditions this winter. Course played really nicely yesterday and the tee sheet was completely full. Even though not an original Ross hole #16 with its green almost sitting on the Thames River is awesome.

Nick Campanelli

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 03:07:31 PM »
Tim, I love the 16th at Shenny as well.  The three new holes there close to the water are an excellent replacement for lost original 4th, 5th, and 6th holes. 

I waited an hour to get on the course at Montaup and played as part of a 5'some.  They seemed to be letting 5'somes out regularly...no slow play though as a majority of the people playing knew what they were doing out there...lol.  I'm honestly shocked i didnt have to wait longer to get out. 

We should try to get a New England GCA outing at some point this summer....somewhere central...

Travis Dewire

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 03:31:28 PM »
Montaup looks great! Never played but drive by countless times. The 17th green looks nasty on that hillside if you miss.

Drove by it today maybe i saw you!

hick

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 03:43:37 PM »
Montaup has a very long waitlist from what i hear. would be Happy to host a few guys  in April or May. Are you guys open April 16,17, or 18.

Tim Martin

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 06:09:08 PM »
Mat-Would love to see Wanu. 16th and 18th work for me.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 06:10:43 PM by Tim Martin »

Nick Campanelli

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 06:47:32 PM »
Mat, 16th & 17th work for me.  Thanks for the offer.   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back