News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Nugent

Re: Stone Forest International C.C.
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2012, 05:31:23 AM »
I'm traveling through Kunming this week and made a stop at Stone Forest.  Course closed indefinitely for "government inspection."  Three courses, great design, built without government approval?  Only in China.

This is one reason I'm dubious that China will produce many world great courses. 

I also think the economic boom there is probably ending, which will put a damper on future golf course projects. 

Kalen Braley

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 10:04:01 AM »
I'm traveling through Kunming this week and made a stop at Stone Forest.  Course closed indefinitely for "government inspection."  Three courses, great design, built without government approval?  Only in China.

Its not completely unique to China,

One course, allegedly great design, also built without government approval.....built in the USA......in California of all places!

http://www.golfnow.com/course-directory/california-golf-courses/morgan-hill-golf-courses/the-institute-llc

Michael Goldstein

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 12:54:21 PM »
Galand, better if planted in corn? It's a world heritage site.

Visited and walked the courses in 2011, as Rob says they're closed.
@Pure_Golf

Garland Bayley

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »
Galand, better if planted in corn? It's a world heritage site.

Visited and walked the courses in 2011, as Rob says they're closed.

Brian stated in commentary on one of the pictures that the green site and fairway were growing corn when they started. I simply think it looks better with a fairway and green than it would have growing corn. Does that answer your question/misunderstanding?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Michael Goldstein

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 04:09:03 PM »
I didn't read that sorry.  I doubt much of the site would be suitable for corn. 
@Pure_Golf

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back