News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Bausch

iStimp
« on: February 09, 2011, 04:02:35 AM »
My guess is this was not developed by a supe or green chairperson!

http://www.golfcourseindustry.com/gci-video-istimp.aspx
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

James Bennett

Re: iStimp
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »
you can use the 'spirit level app' which will tell you when things are level, eg hanging a picture.  You can also lay it down on a surface (eg a golf green) and it will tell you the slope, eg 2.7 degrees.

I think it tells you whether the slope is uphill or downhill.

Could be useful on sloping fairways to determine the slope at which local friction is less than gravity!

James B

Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

James Bennett

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 07:45:18 PM »
As if there weren't enough reasons already to ban cell phones from the golf course....

I'd put mine on 'airplane mode', especially if the mobile phones were banned.  You could still use the apps. :)

Shivas, I am not suggesting you use the spirit level to help you read putts - that would be an illegal device wouldn't it.  I am suggesting the spirit level as a means of determining green slope, from a GCA perspective.  I would like to know how steep the slope is on some greens, and just where the green inverts from back-to-front over to front-to-back.  I would also like to know how severe the slope of some fairways are that do not have excessive roll, versus other fairways that are just roll-fests.

As for iStimp - I can't imagine that, yet.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

David Royer

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 09:42:36 AM »
In the spirit of P.T. Barnum I bought the $1.12 app (tax included).  I tried it on my putting matt in the basement.  According to the app, it's running at about 14.  Of course I had difficulty reading the grain. I tried it on my basement concrete floor but I forgot to bring my 50 foot tape.  I do know that the concrete was faster than Oakmont.  Nice novelty for the summer foresome. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back