News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Carl Johnson

Timing out problem
« on: February 05, 2011, 10:42:31 PM »
I just spent about 10 minutes trying to post a new topic.  When I hit post, I got the message that I'd timed out.  My post was lost.  Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow.  Anyone else have this problem?

Jeff_Brauer

Re: Timing out problem
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 12:40:18 AM »
You can set the time your sessions stay on.  60 min is the default but you can check to stay logged on all the time if you want.

I usually save my long posts, or write them in word and cut and paste in the reply box.  Even when I have written in the little box and timed out, if I hit the back button a few times after logging in, I can get back to the screen that has my post.
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

Carl Johnson

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 09:53:05 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Jeff.  I just tried the copy and paste method and it worked fine.  I am going to try to remember that for the future.  I am defaulted to stay in 60 minutes, but that would normally not be an issue.  I have lost the ability - don't know if it's the site or my Windows software or something else, but I have lost the ability to stay logged in.  Everytime I open the site I have to log in again to post something, even though I've check the stay logged in box.  It did not use to be that way.  Therefore, I don't log in until I am ready to post something.  As long as I'm just reading, I don't need to log in.

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:04:33 AM »
Carl,

The "Stay Logged In" feature can be found at the bottom of the first page ...

Carl Johnson

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 10:14:59 AM »
Carl,

The "Stay Logged In" feature can be found at the bottom of the first page ...

Yep, and I've checked it, but on my computer it does not work.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back