News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

Shaper Sighting
« on: February 04, 2011, 12:13:40 AM »
Riddle me this...

Who lives in Wisconsin and has the license plate "GC SHAPR"?

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jaeger Kovich

Re: Shaper Sighting
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 12:28:03 AM »
No idea, but thats awesome!

Ian Andrew

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 12:53:08 AM »
Brian Schneider - RGD

Kye Goalby

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:23:12 AM »
Ian,

It's not Schneider.   He only dreams of  being that awesome...

michael damico

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 10:59:25 AM »
haha. But he fits the description
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible"
                                                                -fz

RJ_Daley

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 11:31:00 AM »
If it is Schneider, who comes from nearby me in Appleton area (I never met him) maybe the bigger question is what is he doing this time of the year heading out I-80, and is he going somewhere for RGD?  Let the speculation begin.  ;)

Or, maybe he is just headed out to CO for a little skiing...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Kye Goalby

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 12:16:24 PM »
RJ,

It's not a Honda Odyssey, therefore it's not Schneider.

As for the speculation , I know Brian is toying with the idea of moving, and after seeing Adam's photo I would speculate  Brian realized  that amazing vanity plate was no longer available in Wisconsin and decided there was no option except to pack up and  move to a state it is not yet taken!

Tom_Doak

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 12:32:59 PM »
Schneider's in Florida with his family for a while.

The only other shaper I know in Wisconsin is Mike Langkau, who worked for Pete Dye for many years.  Didn't realize until a couple of months ago that he and Brian are both from the Oshkosh area.

Philippe Binette

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 01:34:54 PM »
it could also mean:

God Created SHAkesPeaRe

Lester George

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 04:37:38 PM »

Could be "Sqeak"

Lester

RJ_Daley

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »
Of course, back in my day, I'd have just run a 10-28 on the plate and tell you exactly who the veh. belonged to.  But, I still wouldn't be able to tell you why that guy was WB I-80.  Or, was he EB, Adam?  Oh, and it would be a pity if one was curious who GC SHAPER plates belongs to and upon running the plate, find there are oddles of unpaid warrants on the party who registered the car.  ;)

No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Jason Hines

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 06:43:25 PM »
Adam,

You may have uncovered something here, is someone covertly building a new golf course in the Sand Hills?

Adam Clayman

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 07:00:41 PM »
RJ, It was westbound.

Jason, You didn't know I was building my own course? It's going to be a tribute course to Desmond Muirhead. Tommy's going to be the lead and Forrest is going to be the PM. But, we're going to give Jack all the credit.

Ok, So the emoticons aren't working. I hope my intent is clear.

Thanks guys. This was fun.

"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

RJ_Daley

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 07:12:32 PM »
Actually there are a few WI golf construction entities, and a couple located right on the border in IL.  Mike Oliphant has two offices, one in AZ and one in WI.  His company is known for the rebuild of 5th at Pebble Beach.  Also Watts Const has a few shapers, I think.  Lohmann, Jacobsen and Martin are in Libertyville IL, and their people may prefer to live in WI. :)

Scott Weersing

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 08:46:33 PM »
Riddle me this...

Who lives in Wisconsin and has the license plate "GC SHAPR"?

Only here would we get what this license means. A co worker asked my last week what my license plate LV LINKS means. Fortunately she had played golf and I have a picture of Chambers Bay to show her.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 06:56:10 AM »
Just checked - the plate "GC-ATLAS" is available in Pennsylvania :)

Mike_Young

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 07:21:15 AM »
Adam,
Your following too closely.....did you take both hands oof the wheel to snap the pict...bad boy....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Adam Clayman

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 09:26:50 AM »
Yes, Mike, I had to get close. Sheryl was with me and she hates it when I draft. Let's get real? We're only doing about 75 mph and you could drive a semi truck between us. IMO, That's not that close. But, as I age, I better realize my skills and reaction time must be slowing.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back