News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Butler

Ben Crenshaw on Michael Vick..
« on: December 31, 2010, 11:13:58 AM »
Came across this on Huffington Post. Ben Crenshaw on Fox News. Not sure why he was on the show, but I can't believe he was forced to weigh on whether Michael Vick should be executed. That said, he handled himself pretty well under the circumstance. Play the second clip:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/29/tucker-carlson-michael-vi_n_802192.html
Next!

Jeff_Mingay

Re: Ben Crenshaw on Michael Vick..
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 12:04:19 PM »
I don't want to get into politics here, but does anyone else find it interesting (read: totally bizarre) that Tucker whatever his name is prefaces his opinion that Michael Vick should have been executed by stating he's a Christian?
jeffmingay.com

PCCraig

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 12:23:34 PM »
I don't want to get into politics here, but does anyone else find it interesting (read: totally bizarre) that Tucker whatever his name is prefaces his opinion that Michael Vick should have been executed by stating he's a Christian?

Bizzare comments on Fox News?!?!?! No way!!! :) ;)
H.P.S.

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 01:41:32 PM »
So why comment on someone's unimportant comment? Unless YOU are trying to make it into a news story/hit piece?

Good Job Keeping it Honest Fox News.

Does anyone know what Ben was doing on that ridiculous show/network anyhow?

George Pazin

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 02:20:40 PM »
That's the thing about WASPs, Bud - they love animals, hate people.
   - Gekko
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Gary Slatter

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 02:32:52 PM »
Thanks Anthony.    Vick has served his time and is working hard for the SPCA and saving the Eagles. 
Not sure why Crenshaw was there, snowed in?   FOX seems to have lost the plot IMHO.
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 02:46:53 PM »
Kelly,

Just to let you know, it's Sean Hannity you go to for forgiveness. Not Tucker Carlson.  :P
jeffmingay.com

JLahrman

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 03:25:59 PM »
Thanks Anthony.    Vick has served his time and is working hard for the SPCA and saving the Eagles. 
Not sure why Crenshaw was there, snowed in?   FOX seems to have lost the plot IMHO.

Actually Vick is working with the HSUS, not the SPCA.  And I don't know that I consider giving speeches to be working hard, although he appears to be working hard to try to get his public image back.  I do agree that he has served his time, and I don't have a problem with him playing in the NFL.  However I do not believe that he is genuinely repentant about any of the acts he committed.  I don't believe he is a public danger, and he has matured and will stay out of trouble.  But I believe he has done it solely for his own gain, and not out of any sense of repentance.  I believe he will avoid dogfighting because it will put him in jail, not because he has changed his views on animal cruelty.

I am a tough critic because one of my other passions is volunteering with my local animal shelter.  Specifically I help train and socialize the pit bulls that are endlessly dumped at the facility.  And I have met several of Michael Vick's rescued dogs, knowing that he would have killed them had he had the opportunity, since they were not going to turn into the best fighters.  I'll believe that Michael Vick is repentant when I see him in the trenches.

I will now climb off my soapbox.

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2010, 05:02:22 PM »
Michael Vick is a dirt bag, low life scum ball, and would still be killing dogs if he wasn't caught.
Obama is making a hero out of him.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Mike_DeVries

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 05:03:37 PM »
Tucker Carlson is probably a NYG fan and he is smarting from the ass kicking the Eagles have been putting on them the past years.

Kelly,
I am stuck in an airport and starting laughing when I saw this -- thanks for the New Year's guffaw!
Best wishes to all for a great 2011!
Mike

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 06:07:32 PM »
Gee, idiots on the g.o.p. editorial network saying Obama messed up? Who gives a #^&%?

Next topic.

Terry Lavin

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 07:00:41 PM »
Michael Vick is a dirt bag, low life scum ball, and would still be killing dogs if he wasn't caught.

First off, Michael Vick is the product of a remarkably ignorant upbringing that put him into a situation where he knowingly and criminally killed and abused animals.  He served more than a year in prison, lost millions of dollars, and was publicly shamed.  Our prison system is supposed to rehabilitate people.  He served his time and is now back working as a productive man.  If he was your Uncle Vic and not Michael Vick, he probably would have gotten probation or a light sentence and nobody would know about his heinous crimes.

As for our president, let's not forget the circumstances of the conversation in which he thanked the owner of the Philadelphia Eagles for giving Vick a second chance.  It was in a one on one telephone conversation.  That conversation, for some reason, was revealed to a Sports Illustrated reporter in an interview with the Eagles' owner.  Obama wasn't making a hero out of anybody.

But people seem intent on making Vick a villain for life.  Andi if they can bring the president down with him, I guess that's a bonus.  For the ignorant, anyway.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 07:05:30 PM by Terry Lavin »
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Michael Blake

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2010, 07:19:18 PM »
What Terry said.
Obama made a private phone call to Lurie, who then leaked it for whatever reason.

who cares anymore?

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 07:43:45 PM »
Vick is still a low life dirtbag in IMHO.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 07:53:32 PM »
I hope Crenshaw at least got appearance money.  :)
"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Michael Blake

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »
Vick is still a low life dirtbag in IMHO.

I heard he's running for City Council in Palm Beach Gardens when he retires.  :)

Carl Rogers

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 09:00:03 PM »
Vick's Mom lives adjacent to Riverfront in Suffolk, VA.  He has been seen teeing it up there.  I would guess he is in the 10 to 12ish range.

PThomas

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 09:23:16 PM »

First off, Michael Vick is the product of a remarkably ignorant upbringing that put him into a situation where he knowingly and criminally killed and abused animals.  He served more than a year in prison, lost millions of dollars, and was publicly shamed.  Our prison system is supposed to rehabilitate people.  He served his time and is now back working as a productive man.  If he was your Uncle Vic and not Michael Vick, he probably would have gotten probation or a light sentence and nobody would know about his heinous crimes.

As for our president, let's not forget the circumstances of the conversation in which he thanked the owner of the Philadelphia Eagles for giving Vick a second chance.  It was in a one on one telephone conversation.  That conversation, for some reason, was revealed to a Sports Illustrated reporter in an interview with the Eagles' owner.  Obama wasn't making a hero out of anybody.

But people seem intent on making Vick a villain for life.  Andi if they can bring the president down with him, I guess that's a bonus.  For the ignorant, anyway.

no one loves dogs more than me...but I tend to agree with Terry's thoughts....he did serious time for his crime- it seems like a lot of others do things just as worse if not moreso and dont do the time he did - if they do any time at all - and according to our legal system deserves another chance
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 12:47:42 AM »
I've had at least one dog since I was in college nearly 40 yrs. ago; I love 'em.

But I go to church every Sunday hoping for redemption, forgiveness, and a another second chance.  I'm willing to give Mike Vick the same thing I'm hoping for.  Tucker Carlson's problems are self-evident; it's too bad he has a pulpit to express them.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Mark_F

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 04:29:55 AM »
First off, Michael Vick is the product of a remarkably ignorant upbringing that put him into a situation where he knowingly and criminally killed and abused animals.  

He's a grown man who knew what he was doing was wrong.

Anthony Butler

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 11:38:36 AM »
Tucker Carlson is simply doing a 'Dennis Miller.' Once Carlson was rejected by the 'llberal' media (i.e. lost his show on MSNBC, made an ass out of himself while playing out the string on his contract) he feels like he has to be provocative to the extreme now Uncle Rupert has given him a warm place to stay at Fox.

Miller lost his talk show and then started reacting against all the other SNL folks who parody Republican politicians to create a distinct 'brand' for himself. That said, Miller and PJ O'Rourke are the only conservatives who make me laugh-at least intentionally.

For all you dog lovers out there, it may make you feel better to know Michael Vick himself is being tortured. He has to appear this god awful ad for a local Nissan dealership just to make a few sponsorship dollars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZW5s0NY8_U&feature=player_embedded

And, BTW, I heard once you screwed up in the NFL you went to Saint Tony of Dungy for redemption.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:27:20 PM by Anthony Butler »
Next!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2011, 02:29:43 PM »
I am very confused why a man who has the stature of Ben Crenshaw would subject himself to ridicule from being on Fox. Sadly this twisted discussion on Vick is far from the most ridiculous and lacking in reality topic that Fox tries to present as news that or on any given day.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:34:42 PM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Terry Lavin

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2011, 03:48:33 PM »
First off, Michael Vick is the product of a remarkably ignorant upbringing that put him into a situation where he knowingly and criminally killed and abused animals.  

He's a grown man who knew what he was doing was wrong.

Which is pretty much why I said he "knowingly and criminally" killed dogs.
Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people.  H.L. Mencken

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back