News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason McNamara

Re: Tour bus with driver
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »
Is the driver also responsible from removing the brown M&Ms?

(And the real story behind that request:  http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/vanhalen.asp)

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 08:43:52 PM »
JK,

Given your penchant for "reading and writing" who is going to be the official scribe for this odyssey. I presume there will be no re-writing of history after emergence ".....from the bunks each morning".

Yours Colin
"Golf, thou art a gentle sprite, I owe thee much"
The Hielander

Tim Martin

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 09:10:57 PM »
JK- When you got guys named the Dismal Devil and Amish Man with you you might want to get a blood oath in front of a court reporter stating "what happens on the bus stays on the bus". If either one of these guys owes back rent or child support payments they may be inclined to sell their story to one of the tabloids. I doubt it will be pretty and remember that people have been known to embellish when money is on the line. You will probably want to have some hallucinogens handy for the leg between the Tetons and Salt Lake City. Better to be holding than trying to score from some rebel outlaws on the run. Sounds like it`s shaping up to be a helluva trip.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 09:15:00 PM »
JK,

Given your penchant for "reading and writing" who is going to be the official scribe for this odyssey. I presume there will be no re-writing of history after emergence ".....from the bunks each morning".

Yours Colin

I have been considering several options but hate giving up the joy of telling lies.  The best lie from last year was how we were going to be storm chasers until we learned that Nebraska lightning ain't the same stuff a mother's skirt can shield.  We ran like little girls.  

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 09:38:34 PM »
Amish Man is actually Mennonite which is the same as Amish with a rangefinder. The story of the Dismal Devil is long and convoluted to the point that I may put my status on this site at risk if retold in public.  I can say that while driving through the Sand Hills region last year a local in a 78 Ford pick up came to a complete halt as we passed him in the opposite direction. When my friend asked me what was that guys problem my reply was that the man had a look on his face like he had just witnessed the Devil himself riding shotgun.  Later that night our friend revealed the original Dismal River tattoo across his bicep after his shirt was torn on one of the many barbed wire appartenirs found in the clubhouse.  The Dismal Devil was born.     

Mike Hendren

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
John, keep me posted. I volunteer to give you an official send off from Nashville.  Let me know if you want a mini-keg of Heineken or Coors Light for departure.  I do not think I can arrange for the University of Tennessee's Pride of the Southland Marching Band to be present but I will bring a comb and some wax paper to hum your song of choice.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Doug Wright

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2010, 10:29:58 AM »
Buck,

Thanks, no we are driving back full circle which looks like a return route of Salt Lake, Denver, Hutchinson back to Nashville for a total of 4600 miles.  I am looking at mid-June so we are very preliminary at this point.  At ten days and nine nights it is looking doable.

Now I just need to figure out why the hell I am drawn to Salt Lake.

John, you're welcome to stop by my house in Denver. The neighbors will love it.

I was recently at Cherry Creek mall and drove past Denver CC.  I thought about you and where you might live.  Careful about what you ask for.

Bring it on JK! Actually the CommonGround parking lot can easily double as an RV/bus lot. Since it's "Commonground" I'm sure they won't mind at all.
Twitter: @Deneuchre

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2010, 10:37:38 AM »
I can see Common Ground being included on this tour since I will have to keep the Dismal Devil's expenses under $1000.00 for golf, lodging and food.  His bookie is already up my ass because I got paid for last years trip before he did.  Of course this is assuming we can get the Devil out of Utah.

Tim Bert

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2010, 11:14:11 AM »
It would be a shame if you find yourself in Utah on this epic journey and don't synch it up with one of this guy's performances... Think small pizza joint dive with some of the best cover tunes you've ever heard. 

http://blog.mikemasse.com/

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2010, 11:35:25 AM »
It would be a shame if you find yourself in Utah on this epic journey and don't synch it up with one of this guy's performances... Think small pizza joint dive with some of the best cover tunes you've ever heard.  

http://blog.mikemasse.com/

That smells like a set up.  Now if Kanye is playing Salt Lake I can see us stopping. To paraphrase from the song So Appalled we are looking for "Bud Light wishes, 30 cheap courses" not some pasty white guy singing cover tunes.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:41:24 AM by John Kavanaugh »

Joe Bausch

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2010, 11:42:14 AM »
I hope you will consider a live web cam or two in the bus.  You could probably charge admission to view. 
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2010, 12:00:56 PM »
I hope you will consider a live web cam or two in the bus.  You could probably charge admission to view. 

Joe,

If you want to ride along for all or a part of the trip you are more than welcome to come along.  Your excellent taste in food and drink could come in handy.  Camera phones will be held in safe storage at the front of the bus.

Tony Weiler

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2010, 12:12:04 PM »
John, Bismarck has to be on the way to, or from, Rock Creek no matter if you are going to, or from it!  Does that even make sense!  Stop in and see me.

We did a motorhome tour of ND once, it was a blast.  I got stuck driving that sucker one late night on a not so good road.  Certainly not the Dismal River 17 miler, which was tough enough in my Suburban!  The problem with the motorhome was it didn't sleep enough of us.  So, we had to find alternative lodging, which was interesting.   ;D

Tim Martin

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2010, 03:25:56 PM »
JK-Is the Devil still wearing that ankle bracelet and if not would he be available to co-sign a car loan on short notice? Does he play an offset driver? I`ve got more questions but I don`t want to seem nosy.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2010, 04:46:58 PM »
Good God.....it's becoming an epic before the key has been turned in the ignition.  Where's Boswell?

Colin
The Hielander

Carl Nichols

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2010, 05:09:17 PM »
Good God.....it's becoming an epic before the key has been turned in the ignition.  Where's Boswell?

Colin

If Kavanaugh = Johnson, then Gray = Boswell.

Colin Macqueen

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2010, 06:16:15 PM »
Aahh yes of course Carl! 
And do you think Anthony would deign to use Johnson's Dictionary of the English Language or would he stick to his own idiosyncratic lexicon?

Cheers Colin
The Hielander

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back