News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

More old Canadian pictures
« on: November 11, 2010, 10:56:48 AM »
I thought it might be of interest to you if I reproduced the whole page where possible. The listings might throw up something for you. Usual apologies for quality. I love the bottom picture!

Ian Andrew

Re: More old Canadian pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »
Mark,

What is the date of the publication?
What publication is it from?

I work with Ashburn (Old Course) and can add a great deal to that photo depending on the date of the publication.
I may be able to add others to it!

Could I possibly get a larger scan of that particular picture so I can verify what it is?

Mark_Rowlinson

Re: More old Canadian pictures
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 05:39:28 AM »
Ian, The pictures came from British Golf Clubs by Road and Rail – Golf Clubs of the Empire, ed T.R. Clougher
6 volumes annually 1927- 1932

I looked at them in the Cambridge University Library - the only copies in the UK.

Apparently these volumes are also held by Toronto Public Library, Chicago University Library and National Library in New Zealand. Maybe you could get decent quality prints from Toronto Public Library. I'll send it to you as a PDF attachment which might be slightly better quality. I didn't note down the specific volumes from which each picture came, but it should not take long to find what you are looking for - there aren't many photos in each volume.

Hope this helps,

Mark.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back