News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Campanelli

Pete Dye / Golf Digest Trip - Teaser Pics
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2011, 05:43:09 PM »
Teaser Photos.......

French Lick: 18th Hole, 17th Tee in the foreground, Clubhouse on Top of the Hill 

My Wife and Pete in the back seat of the mini van on our way to French Lick
Landscape Architect  //  Golf Course Architect

Garland Bayley

Re: Congratulations to GCAer Nick Campanelli
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2011, 06:34:18 PM »
You don't want to go posting pictures of your wife on here. Not with guys like Jordan Wall lurking about.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Niall Hay

Re: Pete Dye / Golf Digest Trip - Pictures to Come
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2011, 11:26:46 PM »
Just got back this morning from Indiana!  

Three days with Pete & Alice Dye, hosted by Ron Whitten and Golf Digest.  I've got about 900 pictures to go through and will post as i get them together.  The three of us played Crooked Stick and Pete's new monster at French Lick.  We also walked Woodland CC in Carmel, IN with Pete (he considers this to be one of his favorite routings).  It was an incredible weekend with three great people.  I am grateful to the three of them for their willingness to share their time and ideas with my wife and I.      

For those of you that were following this thread earlier, Pete has no clue where he got the idea for the "ant hill" bunkers between holes 2 & 3 at French Lick.  In his words..."there were piles of dirt out there so we left them."  Typical Pete and typical answer to many of my questions.  

P.S.  Pete, 85 years old, shot his age at Crooked Stick on Saturday and didn't miss a fairway.  

Congrats again Nick!

Matt Kardash

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2011, 07:13:44 PM »
Very cool!
the interviewer asked beck how he felt "being the bob dylan of the 90's" and beck quitely responded "i actually feel more like the bon jovi of the 60's"

Tim Martin

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2011, 07:36:20 PM »
This could not have happened to a better guy. I had the good fortune to play with him and a couple of other GCA`ers earlier in the year at a great old Seth Raynor course in Rhode Island. Nick is smart and a perfect gentlemen. I`m sure that the Dye`s and Ron Whitten thoroughly enjoyed their time with Nick.

David Harshbarger

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2011, 09:20:38 PM »
Would somebody give this man a job in GCA already?  Jeez!
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2011, 11:26:04 AM »
Would somebody give this man a job in GCA already?  Jeez!

Couldn't agree more.  I hope one day to say 'I knew him when'..once again Nick, congratulations and looking forward to the pics.

Brock Peyer

« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2011, 12:09:55 PM »
Congrats to you.  I like it.

Tim Martin

Re: Pete Dye / Golf Digest Trip - Teaser Pics
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2011, 04:12:38 PM »
Teaser Photos.......

French Lick: 18th Hole, 17th Tee in the foreground, Clubhouse on Top of the Hill  

My Wife and Pete in the back seat of the mini van on our way to French Lick

Nick-Not only does Pete Dye look damn good for his age but he was smart enough to make you sit in the front so he could sit in the back with your pretty wife. I guess you don`t compile the kind of resume he has without being one step ahead of most of us. ;)

Nick Campanelli

Pete Dye / Golf Digest Trip - General Trip Pics
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2011, 05:20:58 PM »
The following pictures were taken throughout the weekend in Indiana.  I'll post individual course shots from Crooked Stick, French Lick, and Woodland CC under separate threads later on...

The large group walking down No. 2 at Crooked Stick

This was me after snap-hooking my drive into the lake left of 8 at Crooked Stick.  After taking my drop I was left with a 160-yard shot approach from a severe right to left lie in the rough to a peninsula green with the pin back left.....the definition of intimidation? 

Pete walking through the railroad car between 17 and 18 at Crooked Stick.

The group after the round and lunch at Crooked Stick

The incredible central lobby at the West Baden Springs Inn in French Lick, Indiana

Pete walking by his statue at his course at French Lick.

Pete posing by his statue later on. 

Ron Whitten and Pete Dye walking down the 11th tee at French Lick.  Can you beat this view without an ocean close by?

Bo helping to line up Steve's putt

Pete and I after the round and lunch at French Lick

Landscape Architect  //  Golf Course Architect

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back