News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Wall

Being busy!! Wow.
« on: November 08, 2010, 01:19:25 PM »
I never realized how much being busy, in the office, with ongoing responsibilities and obligations can take you away from this site.  It's crazy, I came to check in today and realized it had almost been a month since I had been on.  Wow.

However, that is beside the point.  As Thanksgiving approaches, at least for us Americans, I think it important to take some time to realize the things you are thankful for.  And, I believe that everybody on this website can do it gca-style.

GCA.com has touched almost all of it's members in one way or another.  I know personally I have been able to see and play courses I never would have otherwise been able to via gca.com, and met some truly influential people who I am proud to call my friends.

So, as Thanksgiving approaches, I challenge you all to send a quick thank you note, or token of appreciation, to those which have forwarded generosity to you through this website.  We are all fortunate to be a part of GCA as it has many perks, and I believe those are not to be taken for granted.  So, take a few minutes, and send a quick thank you note to everyone from GCA who has made an influence on you.  And be sure to all have a Happy Holiday Season.

Regards,
Jordan

Dan Herrmann

Re: Being busy!! Wow.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 02:55:37 PM »
+1, mon ami!

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 03:04:25 PM »
Jordan,

How old are you now and are you still in college?  Are you pursuing a career in golf?

Jordan Wall

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:19:31 PM »
John - 20, yes, and no.

Mark McKeever

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:27:02 AM »
Well put Jordan!

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Scott Szabo

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 09:32:28 AM »
Wow - for not posting for a while, you sure know how to make a return! 

And how right you are, on everything that was said.  Well done!
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 09:55:10 AM »
Thanksgiving always reminds me why I am thankful it only comes one time a year.  Back when I was 20 I was thin, unmarried and the Bears were just five years away from a Super Bowl.  I was also writing Fortran onto punch cards without a clue that old men at classic courses desired my company.  I never knew what I was missing and sit here today thankful for that.

Craig Van Egmond

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 10:06:58 AM »
Fortran 66 or Fortran 77?   ;D

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 10:11:07 AM »

I can't remember that far but I do believe I was the last class in engineering school that learned on a punch card machine. Terminals appeared the next year.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 11:52:16 AM »

I can't remember that far but I do believe I was the last class in engineering school that learned on a punch card machine. Terminals appeared the next year.

I didn't know you were that old.  Wow.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back