News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Michael Ryan

Re: Report from Yale - a rave review
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2010, 02:58:21 PM »
Mike Sweeney,

Appreciate that link, I heard about this thing called the "search function" on this site, but still haven't used it-haha.  I hope everyone that posted on this Yale thread takes the time to look at the link Mike presented from a discussion on Yale's 5th hole back in 2003.  In addition to losing bunker depth, it seems that the original green feature is long gone....according to Charles Banks (as quoted by George Bahto)-"The contours of the green mark a horseshoe around the pin which is placed in the center of the green."  I didn't notice a horseshoe on Saturday afternoon....

I don't want to be too negative however, the golf course at Yale is a wonderful course with some fantastic holes....

Joe Bausch

Re: Report from Yale - a rave review
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2010, 03:34:35 PM »
Last Wed I was fortunate to play Yale with Tim Martin.  Me and one of my buddies had a wonderful time at the course.

Our trip up from Philly was more eventful.  We left early enough (5 AM) to think we could avoid the NYC traffic for the most part and chose, in hindsight foolishly, to take the GW bridge.  Two miles short of the bridge the traffic came to a stop.  An accident on the top level of the bridge going the other way was the culprit.  It caused a large gaper delay on our side of the top of the bridge.  Finally as our car creeped by the "accident investigation" as WOR was calling it, a large cape was being held up to prevent those in the cars behind the wreck from seeing the carnage.  And we unfortunately got to see a body pulled from the wreckage, the person dead on the scene.  Turned out to be some notable rap music artist from Brooklyn. 
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back