News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robert Mercer Deruntz

Ultimate Great course access--the Eden Club?
« on: October 10, 2010, 08:34:47 PM »
A member of our club has played in one of their member guest tournaments which mimicked the Dunhill rotation.  Because he is a great guy and belongs to some swank clubs with great courses, he has been invited to join.  Though this club does not have a course, it has a castle at St. Andrews and a mansion near Pebble Beach.  Because of its members club affiliations, the club essentially guarantees access to ANY of the great courses of the world on even short notice.  The membership is currently 175,000 and there are nearly 400 members with a cap at 500.  Has anyone dealt with this club or have any further knoowledge?

JR Potts

Re: Ultimate Great course access--the Eden Club?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »
No, but I dont for a second believe that they have short notice access at ANY club.  In fact, I know that.

David_Elvins

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 09:03:41 PM »
not my kind of thing

http://www.theedenclub.com/
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 09:57:44 PM by David_Elvins »
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

Pete_Pittock

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 09:27:04 PM »
W
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:02:05 AM by Pete_Pittock »

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 09:38:36 PM »
HAHAHA that is the creepiest link ever! I stayed at the castle in scotland with a member. It was amazing.

Jud_T

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 09:52:50 PM »
For 175k you can join several great clubs, have unlimited great golf and reciprocal access at all but a handful of courses. 
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Anthony Gray

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 03:58:55 PM »

I actually am a member but don't tell because I don't want to be botherd.

Anthony

Paul Jones

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 04:10:17 PM »
A member of our club has played in one of their member guest tournaments which mimicked the Dunhill rotation.  Because he is a great guy and belongs to some swank clubs with great courses, he has been invited to join.  Though this club does not have a course, it has a castle at St. Andrews and a mansion near Pebble Beach.  Because of its members club affiliations, the club essentially guarantees access to ANY of the great courses of the world on even short notice.  The membership is currently 175,000 and there are nearly 400 members with a cap at 500.  Has anyone dealt with this club or have any further knoowledge?

Most people can get access to most courses in the world, usually by being a member at a Private Club and having there Pro call in advance.  I would guess this is the same with The Eden Club.  With that said, I am pretty sure the members cannot get access to: ANGC, Cypress, Shinnecock, Seminole, Chicago, etc...  if they do, I am sure the membership would fill out in seconds - just on ANGC access only.
Paul Jones
pauljones@live.com

Sean Leary

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 04:29:54 PM »

Most people can get access to most courses in the world, usually by being a member at a Private Club and having there Pro call in advance.  I would guess this is the same with The Eden Club.  With that said, I am pretty sure the members cannot get access to: ANGC, Cypress, Shinnecock, Seminole, Chicago, etc...  if they do, I am sure the membership would fill out in seconds - just on ANGC access only.

I wouldn't be so sure. Check out their 2011 calendar.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 06:56:10 PM »
I am sure getting members is not their problem.  The problem is sifting through the applications and making sure the riff-raff doesn't get in!   ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:49:03 PM by Mac Plumart »
Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Gary Slatter

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 01:19:20 AM »
we hosted two Eden Club events at St Andrews, they played Devlin in 2008 and opened the Torrance in 2008.  Fine group of members, well run events.  I think they could get you on any course on short notice, I know a couple members and they like it because they get to play tournaments on great courses.  Saw the founder of the Eden Club at Renaissance Club in 2009.

Save the 175,000, I know other ways to get on the courses !
Gary Slatter
gary.slatter@raffles.com

Garland Bayley

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 03:32:48 PM »
I am sure getting members is not their problem.  The problem is sifting through the applications and making sure the riff-raff doesn't get in!   ;)

got your rejection letter, did ya?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

PCCraig

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »
I don't get it.

I looked at their schedule and didn't see any courses that were super hard to get on to...actually most seem to be public. It's as if they are just setting up expensive and low in number outings at the private clubs and calling them "events."

You think their target market would have their own ways to getting on these courses...
H.P.S.

Jud_T

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 04:52:35 PM »
Essentially if you've got an extra 175k burning a hole in your pocket and can't find ANYTHING else to waste it on,  this seems like a grand idea..... :-\
Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Mac Plumart

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »
I think it sounds neat.  

Too bad they shot me down... :'(

"got your rejection letter, did ya?"

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »
I love this (NOT!):
"All applicants must belong to a private club and be able to provide suitable references. The Club reserves the right to refuse membership to any unsuitable applicant and no reason will be given."

My club had a short-time 'membership director' who was talking like this.  He lasted about a month.   I'll bet that most everybody on GCA.com with the exception of Ran would be "unsuitable"  :)

Anthony Gray

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »

There is alot that the web site does not divuldge.For good reason.Any course means any course.

Anthony

Tim Bert

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 06:39:20 PM »
I love the picture from the slideshow at Bethpage Black.  Why are they highlighting that on the web site?  What guys got duped into paying $175k to play that course?

Mac Plumart

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 06:40:20 PM »
Why do you say they got duped?

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 06:41:26 PM »
Anthony,
Speaking of Tim's BB point, can they get me on Beaver Island State Park (Grand Island, NY)?  What a crock.

Mac Plumart

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 06:49:03 PM »
Any course Dan...I'm sure they'd open that door for you.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 06:52:29 PM »

They don't need a web site.

Anthony

Jud_T

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 06:57:19 PM »
Can they get me on Wolf Point?

Anthony Gray

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 07:02:44 PM »
Can they get me on Wolf Point?

The only thing they can't do is get a win for Michigan against State.

Anthony

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 07:10:57 PM »
I can guarantee that they don't get on my home course on short notice. Even our members can't!

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back