News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JNC Lyon

Five is the Over-Under...
« on: September 23, 2010, 09:44:50 PM »
...on the drop in posts per day for Mr. Scott Warren now that he is married!  Congrats to the Australian/Londoner on the big day yesterday!! Hope everything is going well, and we are all hoping for safe and golf-filled honeymoon in the States. 

Let's hope you continue to defend Deal and shred up the European Club as passionately and prolifically as in the past.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

Bob_Huntley

Re: Five is the Over-Under...
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 11:03:25 PM »

At  times like these I am always reminded of Oscar Wilde's advice to those to be married.... Don't.

Bob

Mark Chaplin

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:34:32 AM »
I remember Scott Warren, nice fella used to play golf all the time, now he's gotten married......
Cave Nil Vino

JNC Lyon

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 09:23:37 AM »
I remember Scott Warren, nice fella used to play golf all the time, now he's gotten married......

Does he still have his Deal membership?

Ulrich Mayring

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 07:16:07 AM »
Marriage has never killed a golfer, but why take chances?

Ulrich
Golf Course Exposé (300+ courses reviewed), Golf CV (how I keep track of 'em)

Scott Warren

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 05:36:48 PM »
Thanks John and all,

Just got back from two weeks in France today. Got married in the middle, played golf that morning and also managed to play both Hardelot (Les Pins) and Le Touquet (Le Mer) yesterday in a brilliant 36-hole day with my old man to finish the trip.

The general concensus at the wedding was that I am punching well above my weight division, but now the deal has been sealed I can continue going prematurely grey and bald at 27 with complete happy abandon! ;D

Pics of Le Touquet and Hardelot to come. I'll spare you pics of me grinning like a kid on Christmas morning at the wedding itself!

Andrew Summerell

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 05:46:29 PM »
The important thing is that he played golf on his honeymoon. It sets a standard.

I played golf on my honeymoon & 18 years of marriage has seen 22 overseas or interstate golf trips. (Some tied in with work)

It's important to set the standard.  ;)

JNC Lyon

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 06:16:12 PM »
The important thing is that he played golf on his honeymoon. It sets a standard.

I played golf on my honeymoon & 18 years of marriage has seen 22 overseas or interstate golf trips. (Some tied in with work)

It's important to set the standard.  ;)

I don't think Scott's honeymoon has even started yet...

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 07:02:25 PM »
Remember the movie, "Diner"?  The part where the guy's future wife needed to answer questions on his beloved Baltimore Colts in order to get the wedding proposal?

My bride of 13 years had the same test - but it was a golf test.  Who would've known that she'd end up more addicted to the game than I am?   

You just need to find the right gal!

Kevin Pallier

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 09:41:54 PM »

Just like playing on the wedding day as well  ;D

Congratulations Scott - when do you start on your sojourn in the USA ?

Scott Warren

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 01:24:04 AM »
10 days, Kevin. We've got a few loose ends to tie up in London and then it's off to NYC to start the trip.

The wedding day golf was not at a course I'd recommend heading out of your way to play (€20 including rental clubs says it all...), but there were a couple of pretty cool holes and my mind, for once, was not really on golf that morning anayway!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back