News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mac Plumart

Aiken Golf Club
« on: September 19, 2010, 08:32:57 PM »
I know you all have taked about this course before...http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,42132.0/

but I just played it today and simply have to write a quick note regarding it.  The bottom line is this...if you are in the area, PLAY IT!!!  $25 a round for walkers, solid routing, and wonderful greens. 

Sportsman/Adventure loving golfer.

Phil McDade

Re: Aiken Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 10:24:05 PM »
Mac:

Aiken was the winner of our (my) GCA contest for best course you could play for $25 or under -- no discounts, no twilight rate, no "best value" or "provisos or quid pro quos," as Robin Williams once said. Just, a course you could walk for $25 or under, any day, any time (Aiken gets a 1-week pass for Masters week).

Mac Plumart

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 11:24:49 AM »
Phil...

any other inexpensive, but quality courses worthy of mentioning again?  I'd love to hear about them as Aiken was terrific fun and for that price simply unheard of.

Jud_T

Golf is a game. We play it. Somewhere along the way we took the fun out of it and charged a premium to be punished.- - Ron Sirak

Phil McDade

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 12:01:14 PM »
Phil...

any other inexpensive, but quality courses worthy of mentioning again?  I'd love to hear about them as Aiken was terrific fun and for that price simply unheard of.

Mac:

I'll try to dig up that thread -- I briefly looked for it last night, but couldn't find it.\

I see Jud is falling into the same trap that many posters did with that first thread -- equating (relatively) low fees with high value and promoting courses well above the $25 threshold. The original thread was firm in its convictions -- no round, walking, could be more than $25.

Ron Csigo

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 12:45:24 PM »
Lawsonia Links is closer to the $25 threshold charging $35 a round to walk.
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Phil McDade

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 01:10:52 PM »
Lawsonia Links is closer to the $25 threshold charging $35 a round to walk.

$35 is a Fall rate, twilight. Great value, yes. Not close to the criteria of the previous thread.

Phil McDade

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 01:31:35 PM »
Mac:

Here it is; I'll be playing the course that started the thread (Spring Valley, in Wisconsin) in a couple of weeks.

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,31437.0/

Some good ones in here; Aiken is mentioned in here somewhere.

Tim Taylor

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 02:14:39 PM »
Aiken was the surprise of Dixie Cup 2009. A really fun course with an interesting history. Run by nice people too.

I just wore my Aiken GC shirt yesterday.

Tim

Mac Plumart

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 02:22:26 PM »
Tim...

I've got mine on today!!    :D

Phil...

Great old thread!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back