News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Buck Wolter

Mankato Golf Club
« on: September 13, 2010, 10:56:14 PM »
From what I can find online it looks like 9 holes of Bendelow and 9 Langford/Moreau dating back to 1919.

Anyone familiar with the course?

Buck
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Phil McDade

Re: Mankato Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 03:58:03 PM »
Buck:

Have driven by it hundreds of times, but never set foot on the course. Whitten and Cornish say it underwent a renovation at some point.

Jeff Shelman

Re: Mankato Golf Club
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:36:35 PM »
I have played there, but it has been quite a while.

At some point in the 90s, I believe there was some work done on the course. I have no idea who did the work.

It is quite short. I don't really remember much about the green complexes. I do remember that it is a fun course.

If you are in Mankato, it is worth playing. If you are even in the Twin Cities (80 minutes away), there are better options.

Buck Wolter

Re: Mankato Golf Club New
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 09:29:43 PM »
Thanks for the comments. I was looking at the scorecard and there are 6 par 3's (140-205) and 5 par 5's (480-530) and plays at Par 71 and ~6200 yards -- would be a tough par 68.

Here's a blurb from the website:
The Mankato Golf Club was established in 1921 with the original nine holes designed by Thomas Bendelow. In 1954 William Langford designed an additional 9 holes.

Edit
I took a look at the Confidential Guide -- though no mention of Mankato it was interesting Tom said that Minnesotans have a 'fetish' for 5-6 Par 5's on a course even when they are Par 5's 'only by the clubs convention.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 12:36:57 PM by Buck Wolter »
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back